North America / Canada / ON / Markham
Technology & Engineering
#: 102002-en_US / 102002
Software Developer – 102002
Technology and Engineering – Canada Markham, Ontario
We seek passionate, creative and innovative developers to join our team and help build leading edge technologies. With a balance of development, design, and cutting-edge technology, daily routine will never show its boring face. As part of this role, you will be working on developing backend services, including Rest APIs, backend services, ETL pipelines, Lambdas, and more! There is definitely plenty of opportunity here for growth.
- Help in the creation of advanced applications using high level languages such as GO
- Work as part of a cross-functional team
- Build and maintain excellent backend applications with clean code
- Practice DevOps to develop, test, and deploy impactful components
- Will have considerable autonomy in the design and development process
- Solid understanding of the foundations of Computer Science and Software Engineering with a solid understanding of data structures and fundamental algorithms (sort, select, search, queue).
- Proficiency in designing basic to intermediate systems. You will be required to provide designs during your interviews.
- Solid understanding of I/O, REST service development, and multi-threading.
- At least 1-3 years of experience in software development with languages such as Go, Java, Scala, C, or Python.
- Experience working with Linux
- Authorized to legally work in Canada
Nice to Have Skills
- Understanding of the principle of scalability, fault-tolerance with IO, REST service development, and multi-threading.
- Familiarity with distributed systems is a plus
- Familiarity with AWS, GCP, Node JS, and Python are assets
- Ability to analyse large datasets with tools like Jupyter Notebooks, Python and SQL, and translate them into actionable insights
- Eager to learn and willing to take initiatives
By connecting clients to audiences, we fuel the media industry with the most accurate understanding of what people listen to and watch. To discover what audiences love, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are truly connected to their audiences, they can see the most important opportunities and accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Markham,Ontario
Secondary Locations: , , ,