North America / United States / FL / Tampa – Oldsmar
Technology & Engineering
#: 106382-en_US / 106382
Software Developer II – 106382
Technology and Engineering – USA Tampa, Florida
Nielsen‘s mission is to help marketers and media companies measure and improve advertising performance by accurately reporting on what consumers watch, see, or hear (whether on television, the web, in print, or on the radio).
As a Software developer, you will be expected to bring new and fresh ideas to the company and be responsible for building the next generation tools to help Nielsen’s TV panel audience measurement . You will collaborate with Product, Dsci & operations teams to ensure that the software is built per specifications and with the highest quality.
- Designs, analyzes, and documents software applications
- Constructs, tests, installs, and maintains software applications
- Provides support to internal users and support staff
- Work as part of an agile development team
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor of science degree in computer science or similar
- Minimum of 2 to 4 years IT experience with hands-on software development
- Knowledge of core Java, or JVM-based languages and/or Python
- Familiarity with Java frameworks like Spring
- Experience working with relational databases.
- Experience with AWS and micro services architecture is preferred
- Ability to build good relationships with peers, business partners, and clients
- Strong ability to translate requirements into design and code based on the requirements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
By connecting clients to audiences, we fuel the media industry with the most accurate understanding of what people listen to and watch. To discover what audiences love, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are truly connected to their audiences, they can see the most important opportunities and accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Tampa,Florida
Secondary Locations: , , ,