India / India / / Kochi
Technology & Engineering
#: 102394-en_US / 102394
ABOUT THE ROLE
A role that presents ample opportunities to solve problems on Big Data and learn/work on Hadoop/AWS. Working in an environment where change is the only constant thing presents its own advantages – this opportunity is one such!
This candidate is
- A fresher with excellent programming skills & having done a noteworthy project/assignment as part of academics or outside.
- Has 1-2 years experience on Python, Big Data Technology Stack on Hadoop, AWS & Scripting frameworks like Shell
- Works with the Product Owner to understand, refine & find the right solution to a business use case. Helps the Technical Lead in defining technical use cases corresponding to business requirements that are comprehensive from a functional and non-functional perspective.
- COLLABORATIVE SPIRIT
- Demonstrates excellent collaboration to work effectively with the team & other partners in the ecosystem that includes Product, Program, QA, SRE & the Service Delivery teams.
- Demonstrates a “Team First” attitude & works collaboratively to achieve common goals
- Demonstrates ownership for the tasks or work undertaken by the engineer.
- CONTINUOUS LEARNING
- Demonstrates inquisitiveness to adapt to new technologies & learn the domain and better ways to bring out solutions that best fit the functional and non-functional requirements.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
ABOUT THE TEAM
This position is for a Big Data developer in the EV MTA Development team that is responsible for developing & maintaining the Multi Touch Attribution (MTA) platform for the Extended Verticals (EV). This scrum team is primarily based out of India and operates on the Big Data technology stack and UI technologies like Angular. The team operates on the KANBAN model and handles both new feature development and support of the platform.
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas, and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!