North America / United States / MD / Columbia
Technology & Engineering
#: 108665-en_US / 108665
Software Engineer – 108665
Technology and Engineering – USA Columbia, Maryland
Nielsen is seeking a Software Engineer to join our growing Technology and Engineering team. This position is based out of Columbia, Maryland but candidates may be located anywhere in the US (EST time zone preferred). Here are more details on the position:
- Analyze in a timely manner and prototype the Requirements.
- Create a Design of the analyzed requirements within the scope of the application constraints, plus document the Design.
- Code & Unit Test new applications or feature enhancements to existing applications in Unix/Linux/Windows OS environment, using Java language.
- Apply Object Oriented Design principles and adhere to appropriate standards and accepted practices.
- Well versed in Waterfall and Agile SDLC methodologies.
- Have a good command over SQL (Structured Query Language).
- Work proficiently in running SQL on Oracle, PostgreSQL and other RDBMS products.
- Good experience in Bash Shell Scripting and other Unix Shell scripts.
- Good experience in Back Office process creation and execution.
- Experience in Cloud related systems, like AWS preferred.
- Work Independently on any task with some guiding direction.
- Work collaboratively with other team members and members of other teams.
- Interface with other applications while staying within the application constraints.
- Document the Application Design, the System Guides and any other work needed to be documented.
- Able to articulate the thinking in a lucid manner to others.
- Candidates must have good interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent required.
- Minimum of 2+ years of experience as a Software Engineer supporting S/W architecture, development, requirements analysis, evaluation, design and process execution.
- Good Applied Knowledge in Object-Oriented Programing Systems (OOPS) & Design.
- 2+ years of strong experience with Java.
- Some experience in AWS Cloud Development.
- Experience with Oracle and/or PostgreSQL.
- Experience with various Design Patterns.
- Experience with Unix/Linux/Windows scripting.
- Experience with SQL scripting.
- Experience with Agile methodologies.
- Experience with Integrated Development Environments (IDE) desired.
- Experience with Cloud Technologies desired. Familiarity with Google Office products such as Docs, Sheets, Slides and Gmail.
- Familiarity with Cloud Services setup, development and testing projects
- Knowledge of internationalization and localization issues (language support, etc.) is desirable.
By connecting clients to audiences, we fuel the media industry with the most accurate understanding of what people listen to and watch. To discover what audiences love, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are truly connected to their audiences, they can see the most important opportunities and accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Columbia,Maryland
Secondary Locations: FL – Tampa – Oldsmar, , ,