North America / United States / FL / Tampa – Oldsmar
Technology & Engineering
#: 83261-en_US / 83261
Software Engineer – 83261
Technology and Engineering – USA Tampa, Florida
Accuracy is the name of the game, and we’ve got the data to prove it. If precision and quality are important to you, you’ll fit right in as a Software Engineer at Nielsen. In this role, you will be responsible for the overall analyzing and development of application software. You will work on a team within our Technology Deparment alongside other Software Engineers to collabortate and ensure application functionality. You will also work Product Owners to execute projects.
- Responsible for analyzing, developing, testing and supporting application software
- Investigate, analyze, and design application solutions per acceptance criteria
- Perform data analysis for new/existing application solutions, production support, or stakeholder questions
- Develop software code, which is easily maintainable
- Develop and execute application test plans, analyze test results, and make appropriate revisions to ensure the applications function as specified
- Communicate with the Product Owner and team project work activity status
Java 1.8, Ansible, Postgres/RDS, Bitbucket, Docker, AWS (Cloud hosting), Zephyr and Jenkins
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Data analysis experience
- Good soft skills to work as a team player
- Experience with Java, Python, Unix and/or SQL
- Knowledge or experience with automation testing
- Knowledge or experience with version control tools
- Knowledge or experience with CI/CD concepts
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or a related field with an information technology focus (foreign equivalent degree acceptable) OR Nielsen work experience
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Tampa,Florida
Secondary Locations: , , ,