North America / United States / CA / Emeryville
Technology & Engineering
#: 111172-en_US / 111172
Software Engineer II 1 – 111172
Technology and Engineering – USA Emeryville, California
Explore and discover Nielsen! Nielsen is the global standard for entertainment data and technology focusing on audience measurement, audience insights, and audience experience.
Gracenote, a Nielsen Company is the leading provider of entertainment metadata and media recognition technology that powers the world’s top broadcast, on-demand, and streaming platforms for television, movies, music, and sports.
Are you ready to revolutionize entertainment?
Explore and Discover Nielsen! With offices located in 110 countries, we are a global independent measurement and big data analytics company focused on your future.
Gracenote, a Nielsen Company is the leading provider of entertainment metadata and media recognition technology that powers discovery features for top TV, music, sports and automotive platforms.
We are looking for a Full Stack Software Engineer to join our Content Intelligence Team which is working on a user-friendly web platform to easily view, browse and download Gracenote’s aggregated TV schedules, world-class factual and descriptive video metadata, imagery and industry-standard IDs that power their businesses.
In this role you will:
- Design, build and maintain an enterprise web application for Gracenote customers
- Build scalable and reliable infrastructure for our services along with the DevOps team
- Collaborate with Product Management and UX
- Participate in code reviews and knowledge-sharing with the rest of the engineering team
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Computer Science or 2 years of work experience in relevant technologies
- Experience working with Express.js, Node.js and React JS or similar frameworks
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well in a team
- Familiar with Git and CI/CD workflows
- Experience with cloud infrastructure (preferably AWS)
- Experience working in Python.
- Familiar with database and schema design (either SQL, NoSQL or both)
- Exposure to ETL pipelines and systems for data analytics (e.g. Elasticsearch)
- Our passion for music, TV, movies, and sports is at the heart of everything we do but it is our culture that makes us tick. We feel a deep sense of ownership and work together to build innovative solutions to some of the most challenging problems of the entertainment industry. We have a flexible and supportive work environment that encourages us to work effectively.
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Emeryville,California
Secondary Locations: , , ,