North America / United States / NY / Queensbury
Technology & Engineering
#: 111025-en_US / 111025
Software Engineer/Sr Software – Remote Available – 111025
Technology and Engineering – USA Queensbury, New York
Explore and discover Nielsen! Nielsen is the global standard for entertainment data and technology focusing on audience measurement, audience insights, and audience experience.
Gracenote, a Nielsen Company is the leading provider of entertainment metadata and media recognition technology that powers the world’s top broadcast, on-demand, and streaming platforms for television, movies, music, and sports.
We have multiple opportunities for Software Engineers and Senior Software Engineers to join a team focused on developing software that aids in the collection and processing of images. Our customers’ appetite for images is unbounded and you will help meet their needs by designing/building/supporting a variety of applications that enable us to collect, catalog, and process more images, more efficiently, and with higher quality.
This position can be fully remote, if in the Eastern or Central Time Zones. This could also be based in Queensbury, NY, New York, NY, or Tampa, FL.
FOR THIS ROLE WE ARE LOOKING FOR INDIVIDUALS THAT HAVE:
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related technical field
- 2+ years (5+ years for Senior) of software development experience
- Backend experience with Python
- Front-end experience with React
- Database experience with Postgres
- Experience building and supporting batch or real-time data processes with technologies including Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Ansible, Jenkins, AWS Lambda
- A solid foundation in software development and software design principles
- Experience with Agile methodologies such as Scrum and test-driven development
- Strong communication skills; you’ll be interfacing with users and other technical teams
- Ability and passion for learning new technology
- Experience coding in Ruby
- DevOps experience deploying and tuning the applications you’ve built
- Configuration management tools such as Ansible, Chef, or Docker
- Candidates with experience in developing and deploying well-tested, scalable applications who demonstrate an ability to get up to speed and begin contributing very quickly will be given extra consideration.
Our passion for music, TV and entertainment on the open road, is at the heart of everything we do. But, what really makes us tick is our people. From Emeryville to Tokyo and Queensbury to Copenhagen, we are building the team that’s going to disrupt the digital universe. This starts by creating a workplace where all things entertainment is celebrated and innovation can come from anyone, not just people with offices and fancy titles. If you are interested in being mission critical and on the leading edge of global entertainment technology then please contact us today!
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Queensbury,New York
Secondary Locations: Remote, , ,