North America / Canada / ON / Markham
Client Service & Sales
#: 103782-en_US / 103782
Sr. Client Strategy Associate – 103782
Client Services and Sales – Canada Markham, Ontario
ABOUT THIS JOB
AUDIENCE IS EVERYTHING™
Operating in over 100 countries, Nielsen is a market leader when it comes to measurement, information and insights within the Media industry. Being the trusted partner to many advertisers, agencies and media owners – we pride ourselves on integrity, accuracy and quality to ensure our clients are making informed decisions to optimise their growth.
About the team
The ‘Media Analytics’ research role sits in Nielsen’s Client Strategy team and works across many projects and a wide variety of industries. The team works closely with clients to deliver fresh learnings and actionable research in order to shape future campaigns, marketing plans, creative ideas as well as business strategies.
What will you be doing?
We are looking for a Senior Research Analyst who will be responsible for leading multiple projects across a range of methodologies with minimal support. You will also be involved in collaborating with team members and other internal areas of Nielsen to help develop innovative solutions and launch upcoming new Nielsen solutions into the Canadian market.
- Being responsible for the implementation of multiple research projects for key clients simultaneously
- Owning the relationship for your own portfolio of clients
- Working across a wide range of methodologies and solutions such as brand lift, brand trackers, opportunity to see, digital tagging and path-to-purchase
- Analysing complex data sets and focusing on finding a story
- Writing story-led reports that have a focus on providing actionable insights
- Presenting findings back to clients in a clear, concise and engaging manner
- Writing surveys that align with study objectives
- Developing existing solutions, as well as playing a main role in innovating new off-the-shelf products alongside team members and other internal teams
- Working closely with 3rd Party panel partners and vendors to assess feasibility and costs for new briefs and potential projects
- Assisting on the proposal writing process to ensure that methodologies and sample aspects are communicated clearly
- Encouraging, inspiring and sharing knowledge with colleagues
- A self-starter with 3-5 years of primary research, insights or data analytics experience from within the media/advertising industry, preferably from the supplier side
- Solid background in designing questionnaires, quality checking and analysing data
- Be highly numerate and have an analytical mindset, with a genuine passion for research
- A confident communicator who is able to present to internal and external stakeholders
- Be a team player who likes to get involved, encourage collaboration and help develop others
- Have strong time management and project management skills
- Outstanding level of accuracy and attention to detail is a must
- Experience translating large datasets into visually appealing and insightful findings
- Vast knowledge of the media landscape
- Literate and proficient in PowerPoint and Excel, Google Suite is a plus
- Statistical knowledge for sampling, weighting, interpretation of statistical significance
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Post-Secondary education or equivalent required (marketing/business, research/analytics/big data and/or related field).
What you will receive
- Competitive salary
- 15 days annual leave to start
- Pension contribution after 1 year and matched up to 6%
- Attractive benefits package
By connecting clients to audiences, we fuel the media industry with the most accurate understanding of what people listen to and watch. To discover what audiences love, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are truly connected to their audiences, they can see the most important opportunities and accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Markham,Ontario
Secondary Locations: , , ,