North America / United States / FL / Tampa – Oldsmar
#: 80547-en_US / 80547
Senior Software Engineer – 80547
Data Science – USA Oldsmar, Florida
We are looking for a Sr. Software Engineer to join our innovative team of Panel and Meter researchers. We are researching and developing changes to hardware and software that support our core TV and audio panels. The team member will be part of a team of Data Scientists and Software Engineers. The Engineers will be responsible for designing, developing, testing, deploying and maintaining software. The Data Scientists will be responsible for the research and analysis that drive the software changes. Data Scientists and Engineers work closely together to understand research outcomes and identify the best way to implement changes into the software design.
What will I do?
- Learn and become an expert in TV Audience Measurement, with a focus on TV meter data cleaning rules.
- Design, develop, test and deploy rules software.
- Modify existing rules and create new rules as needed.
- Collaborate with team members to understand analysis results and determine how to implement findings into cleaning rules.
- Collaborate with stakeholders in various departments (Engineering, Data Science, Technology, etc.). This includes regularly discussing requirements, providing status updates, developing timelines, sharing data, executing tests, presenting results, etc.
- Thoroughly document your code. Share with auditors as needed.
- Explain complex mathematical and computer science concepts in simple terms to non-technical audiences.
Is this for me?
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field.
- 5+ years of software development experience.
- Expert knowledge of Java and business rules engines (Drools, etc.).
- Experience with Python, SQL, Scala.
- Knowledge of cloud-based infrastructures and tools – AWS, Gitlab, Airflow.
- Working knowledge of BI tools (i.e. Tableau, Spotfire).
- Excellent problem solving skills with ability to evaluate results in order to make decisions.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Well organized, self-motivated and an ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Oldsmar,Florida
Secondary Locations: Remote, IL – Chicago, ,