North America / United States / FL / Tampa – Oldsmar
#: 80547-en_US / 80547
Sr. Data Scientist – 80547
Data Science – USA Oldsmar, Florida
What is the role?
We are looking for a Data Scientist to join our innovative team of Panel and Meter researchers. We are researching hardware, software, and business rule changes that will improve the accuracy of our data reporting. The team member will work on both statistical research and code development. They will need to design and execute small and medium sized research projects based on abstract concepts, and then use the results of their research to implement changes into future production methodologies. The team member will need to present research to key stakeholders and collect/implement feedback as necessary. Methodologies are primarily associated with television measurement.
What will I do?
- Learn and become an expert in TV Audience Measurement, with a focus on Meter hardware and software used for data collection and crediting.
- Create and manage projects from beginning to end including analysis design, execution and summarization of results for small and medium sized research projects based on abstract questions and concepts. Provide support for large scale projects.
- Identify, clean, and summarize data, potentially from disparate and complex data sources, to facilitate high quality analyses.
- Develop and share code for analysis. There may also be some code optimization work.
- Incorporate quality checks to proactively detect and correct for errors throughout analysis.
- Provide recommendations based on research findings.
- Document research plans, results, and conclusions. Share them with auditors as needed.
- Collaborate with stakeholders in various departments (Engineering, Data Science, Technology, etc.). This includes regularly providing status updates, developing timelines, sharing data, executing tests, presenting results, etc.
- Mentor and provide oversight to junior associates while serving as an example by sharing relevant best practices.
- Explain complex mathematical and computer science concepts in simple terms to non-technical audiences.
Is this for me?
- Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering or a related field.
- 3+ years of data science experience including proven ability to manipulate, analyze, interpret complex data sources, and tell a story from data through analyses.
- Expert knowledge of Python and SQL
- Working knowledge of cloud-based infrastructures and tools such as AWS and Gitlab
- Working knowledge of BI tools (i.e. Tableau, Spotfire preferred)
- Excellent problem solving skills with ability to evaluate results in order to make decisions
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Aptitude for leadership or mentoring
- Well organized, self-motivated and an ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Oldsmar,Florida
Secondary Locations: IL – Chicago, MD – Columbia, ,