North America / United States / FL / Tampa – Oldsmar
#: 78281-en_US / 78281
Sr. Data Scientist – 78281
Data Science – USA Oldsmar, Florida
What is the role?
We are looking for a Data Scientist to join our innovative team of Panel and Meter researchers. We are researching hardware, software, and business rule changes that will improve the accuracy of our data reporting. The team member will work on both statistical research and code development. They will need to design and execute small and medium sized research projects based on abstract concepts, and then use the results of their research to implement changes into future production methodologies. The team member will need to present research to key stakeholders and collect/implement feedback as necessary. Methodologies are primarily associated with television measurement.
What will I do?
- Design, execute and summarize small and medium size research projects based on abstract questions and concepts.
- Provide recommendations based on research findings.
- Document research plans, results, and conclusions. Share them with auditors as needed.
- Collaborate with stakeholders in various departments (Engineering, Data Science, Technology, etc.). This includes providing status updates, developing timelines, sharing data, executing tests, presenting results, etc.
- Explain complex mathematical and computer science concepts in simple terms to non-technical audiences.
- Develop and share code for analysis. There may also be some code optimization work.
- Participate in regular code reviews with team members prior to deployments.
Is this for me?
- Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering or a related field.
- 3+ years of data science experience (may substitute an advanced degree for a portion of industry experience)
- Programming experience in Python and SQL
- Preferred: programming experience with Java, Spark, and Drools
- Knowledge of AWS, Gitlab, Airflow
- Good problem solving skills
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Well organized, self-motivated and an ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
We’re in tune with what the world is watching, buying, and everything in between. If you can think of it, we’re measuring it. We sift through the small stuff and piece together big pictures to provide a comprehensive understanding of what’s happening now and what’s coming next for our clients. Today’s data is tomorrow’s marketplace revelation.
We like to be in the middle of the action. That’s why you can find us at work in over 100 countries. From global industry leaders to small businesses, consumer goods to media companies, we work with them all. We’re bringing in data 24/7 and the possibilities are endless. See what’s next with us at Nielsen: careers.nielsen.com
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.