North America / United States / IL / Chicago
Technology & Engineering
#: 77901-en_US / 77901
Mid Level Engineer – 77901
Technology and Engineering – USA Chicago, Illinois
ABOUT THIS JOB
At Nielsen, we bring together big data and technology to provide our media clients with insights into consumers’ viewing behavior. We are looking for Devops Engineer to join our team in Chicago and build a robust, reliable and available cloud based data science platform.
- Provide technical support to data scientists using the platform (both internal and external)
- Diagnose technical faults on a platform using Kubernetes, Airflow, Spark, Jupyterhub, Gluster, Azure, AWS
- Write software as necessary to ensure system reliability
- Read and debug data science models written using Python, Spark, R, etc
- Manage the lifecycle of trouble tickets assigned to the platform
- Escalate issues to the platform team, other business units, and vendors as necessary
- Must be able to juggle multiple priorities and handle work requests with a sense of urgency. Must have the technical skills to understand a cloud-based containerized data science platform
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOU
You are a DevOps and Cloud based systems enthusiast who likes to work on cutting-edge technologies in an environment that gives you the freedom to explore, play, and learn, then Nielsen is the right place for you. You love solving problems for your clients and bringing creative new ideas to their business. Curiosity, communication, and critical thinking drive your work.You manage relationships and expectations as well as you manage projects. You thrive in a fast-paced environment and work well under pressure——you focus, dig in, and get it done.
- BS in Computer Science or a related field or equivalent experience
- Passionate about cloud technology and statistical modeling
- Working Knowledge of Python
- Experience with Unix/Linux based platforms
- Experience with some cloud-based platform (AWS, Azure, GCE, OpenStack, DO, Linode, etc)
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience with Terraform, Cloudformation, Ansible, Jenkins or similar technologies like Puppet, Chef, etc
- Experience with Kubernetes or similar technologies (Mesos, ECS, Docker Swarm, etc)
- Experience building or maintaining statistical models
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Chicago,Illinois
Secondary Locations: IL – Schaumburg, IL – Evanston, ,