North America / United States / IL / Chicago
Finance & Corporate Development
#: 106261-en_US / 106261
Sr. Financial Analyst (Remote OK) – 106261
Finance and Corporate Development – USA Chicago, Illinois
The Senior Financial Analyst is a member of the Global Media Data Science Finance team. In this role, the Senior Financial Analyst will play an integral part in the forecasting, planning, and reporting process. Reporting directly to the Director of Data Science Finance, you will partner with teams across the entire Media Data Science organization to develop and improve reporting packages, planning processes, financial models and analytics. You will have direct responsibility for expense budgets and be a business partner to senior leaders including Vice Presidents of Data Science and Program/Project Managers. This role will also provide ad-hoc analysis as needed to support and influence senior leadership. Strong financial acumen including experience with forecasting, budgeting, and variance analysis is a requirement.
What will I do?
- Play a key role in the financial planning cycle, including monthly/quarterly budgeting & forecasting, variance analyses against operating plan, trending analyses and walks vs. prior year
- Manage the month end close process through the review of actual results and the creation of requested journal entries
- Assist leadership in monthly financial variance analysis.
- Provide financial mentorship to leadership to ensure compliance with Nielsen’s financial policies and procedures
- Drive operational improvements and implement best practices around forecasting, budgeting and management reporting
- Supports cost savings initiatives by developing relevant analytics, validating sources of savings, and providing updates to cross functional teams
- Create clear and transparent financial analysis on the health of the business; understanding end-to-end processes and the standard work of each team
- Partner with various groups including IT, Operations, Commercial, Accounting, HR and Finance to report out findings, trends and identify solutions for potential issues and process improvements
Is this for me?
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 2-4 years experience in FP&A, expense management, finance business partner or related role
- Must have a strong work ethic, self-motivated work style and and enjoy a dynamic environment with new challenges and changing work priorities
- Individual contributor and team player with great communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills, close attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to adapt quickly and learn new tasks independently
- Strong quantitative and analytical competency
- Experience manipulating large data sets and turning them into usable information
- Comfortable working cross-functionally and with senior leadership
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Google Suite
- SAP Financial systems and Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) experience strongly preferred
- Prior experience with TM1/Planning Analytics Web Tool is a plus
By connecting clients to audiences, we fuel the media industry with the most accurate understanding of what people listen to and watch. To discover what audiences love, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are truly connected to their audiences, they can see the most important opportunities and accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Chicago,Illinois
Secondary Locations: NY – New York City, FL – Tampa – Oldsmar, ,