North America / United States / NY / New York City
Technology & Engineering
#: 86688-en_US / 86688
Sr. Information Architect – 86688
Technology and Engineering – USA New York, New York
Referral Bonus Amount – $1,500.00
Sr. Information Architect
We’re looking for a strategic, results-oriented Sr. Information Architect to join our growing Nielsen Media UX team in NYC.
The ideal candidate has the ability to take practical steps to achieve a long-term, cutting edge vision of information/content management, s/he displays an uncompromising passion for reducing user effort and improving the effectiveness of our content. Sr.Information Architect will be supporting web applications that empower advertisers, publishers and agencies with the intelligence they need to drive revenue, increase market share, and optimize their audiences and investments around the globe.
As a Sr. Information Architect you will:
- Research and incorporate industry best practices and innovation into our information architecture.
- Develop and maintain scalable information architecture models, taxonomies, metadata models and classification schemas across our content.
- Create an Information Architecture style guide to evangelize best practices throughout the business.
- Performing regular content audits to ensure compliance with IA standards.
- Develop a roadmap that allows for both immediate and long term improvements in how we plan, store, process, manage and access content.
- Lead usability studies to evaluate the effectiveness of installed solutions, test new concepts, and prove ROI.
- Provide critical alignment between Technology and Business processes
- Research and analyze how users perceive and interact with data-driven content
- Collaborate with teams of stakeholders- product managers, engineers, data scientists, program managers, commercial leaders, marketing content strategist, and UX- across the globe.
What are we looking for?
- 5+ years of experience as an Information Architect for B2B web applications & enterprise products
- BS or MS degree in Information Management, HCI or another relevant discipline
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- High proficiency defining the information architecture behind complex, data-driven web applications.
- Experience with information modeling, data diagramming, content optimization and building taxonomies
- Ability to translate business needs into long-term information architecture solution
- Ability to present IA concepts and deliverables in a compelling and convincing manner
- Comfortable working in a large, international, corporate and cross time-zone environment with remote teams.
Extra points for:
- Knowledge and experience working in the ad tech industry
- Some background in technical writing
- Positive attitude
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: New York,New York
Secondary Locations: , , ,