North America / United States / FL / Tampa – Oldsmar
Technology & Engineering
#: 75586-en_US / 75586
Technology and Engineering – USA Tampa, Florida
Nielsen is a global performance management company that provides a comprehensive understanding of what consumers Watch and Buy. Nielsen's Watch segment provides media and advertising clients with Total Audience measurement services across all devices where content — video, audio and text — is consumed. The Buy segment offers consumer packaged goods manufacturers and retailers the industry's only global view of retail performance measurement. By integrating information from its Watch and Buy segments and other data sources, Nielsen provides its clients with both world-class measurement as well as analytics that help improve performance.
- Develop solutions for the Nielsen Digital SDK that meets the requirements for requested features
- Develop technical requirements and designs for the solutions
- Develop the code that implements the requested design
- Provide analysis on client or internal issues identified with the Digital SDK’s
- Implement Test Driven Development practices in all solutions including automated unit test cases
What you need to succeed
- Solid understanding of the foundations of Computer Science and Software Engineering
- Solid understanding of data structures and fundamental algorithms (sort, select, search, queue, encryption).
- Experience working with network protocols HTTP/HTTPS
- Experience designing and developing solutions on AWS
- Familiarity with Linux
- Familiarity with Docker, AWS, Node JS, and Python are assets
- Familiarity with audio/video player development (streaming and on-demand) and knowledge of audio/video stream formats a plus (HLS, MPEG-DASH) are assets
The Benefits of Working for Nielsen
- Personal and professional development opportunity; we will partner with you to identify how you can grow and create a tailored development plan
- Being part of a local and global team with access to talent to support and drive our talent agenda
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Tampa,Florida
Secondary Locations: ON – Toronto, , ,