North America / United States / CA / Emeryville
Technology & Engineering
#: 92321-en_US / 92321
Sr Manager, Workstation Engineering – 92321
Technology and Engineering – USA Emeryville, California
Job Title: Senior Manager, Desktop Engineering
Job Purpose: The Senior Manager, Desktop Engineering is responsible for managing the desktop, laptop, and Virtual Machine (VM) environments. This includes creating and managing OS builds, packaging all applications, managing desktop group policies, implementing and deploying software, managing desktop security environments, and providing Tier 3 support. The team is also responsible for developing and implementing desktop related solutions to improve the user experience and security of the desktops.
This role requires a strong technical leader with experience in various OS environments, and seasoned in device management and deployments. This person also must be able to create, plan and deliver the strategic vision around Nielsens end user technology management landscape.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Need to be a visionary, looking to transform end user device management alongside Nielsen’s larger business and product transformation.
- Develop and drive short and long term strategic enhancements to Nielsen’s end user device ecosystem improving user experience, security, and management of desktops, laptops, and VMs
- Lead a team of deployment and support resources
- Provide advanced support of desktops, laptops, and VMs
- Lead Nielsen Infrastructure’s charge to zero touch remote deployments for all end-user devices. Manage and implement group policies for desktops, laptops, and VMs
- Responsible for software and patching to the desktops, laptops, and VMs
- Partner with Security, Legal, Privacy, Workstation Support to maintain integrity and security of all end user devices
- Improve Nielsen’s device management tools and capabilities
FOR THIS ROLE WE ARE LOOKING FOR INDIVIDUALS THAT HAVE:
- 8+ years end user device management and technical engineering expertise
- Extensive technical expertise with Windows/Mac/Linux Operating systems
- Hands on administration and management of enterprise end user computing environments
- Experience with Mobile Device Management
- Hands on experience with Tanium for package and patch management
- Experience and deep understanding of Active Directory environments and group security/policy implementations
- Demonstrated expertise with project and program management
- Track record of successful technology transformations
- Understanding of asset management best practices
- Expertise in Modern Device Management and relevant toolsets (Intune, Workspace one, Jamf, etc)
By connecting clients to audiences, we fuel the media industry with the most accurate understanding of what people listen to and watch. To discover what audiences love, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are truly connected to their audiences, they can see the most important opportunities and accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Emeryville,California
Secondary Locations: Remote, , ,