North America / United States / FL / Tampa – Oldsmar
Technology & Engineering
#: 76401-en_US / 76401
Sr. Product Manager (Digital Engineering) – 76401
Technology and Engineering – USA Tampa, Florida
Nielsen is looking for a Sr. Program Manager for our Digital Engineering organization to drive product development & technical initiatives across the technical platform portfolio. The platform supports digital products through the management and transformation of data from streaming video, static web pages and mobile apps across all major platforms and devices. A key focus for this position will be partnering with the Engineering Development, Technology, Technical Strategy and Product Leadership to drive platform initiatives and deliver high quality technical and business features/ products.
- Owns the road map for their application team.
- Setting a clear and concise vision, prioritizing work, making trade off decisions, and collaborating with stakeholders to implement changes of the highest value.
- Coordinates cross functionally with engineers, data scientists, vendors, product marketing and business development to plan, develop and deliver value add products.
- Uses data and product discovery techniques to drive product optimization, reliability and scalability for their super scrum team.
- Plays the role of Product Owner for development teams and maintains a healthy backlog without assistance.
- Proactive in removing roadblocks, identifying risks, and gaining alignment on the best possible solutions for the business.
Product Management Skills:
- 3-7 years of Product management experience. Experience managing midsize to large projects with multiple stakeholders, identifying key milestones, risks and assumptions, and measuring success.
- Strong technical aptitude and ability to bridge the gap between technical and non-technical teams.
- Experience managing midsize to large projects with multiple stakeholders, identifying key milestones, risks and assumptions, and measuring success.
- Manages stakeholder communication without assistance.
- Maintains a roadmap for a super scrum and shares this vision to others without assistance.
- should be attuned to high volume, high traffic systems,
- familiarity with programming languages such as Java, Python, and GoLang
- familiarity with a public cloud platform such as AWS, GCP and Azure.
- Hands on experience with SQL queries and data analysis.
- A conceptual understanding of advancing development practices such as test driven development, design patterns, and best industry practices for enterprise architecture and design
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Tampa,Florida
Secondary Locations: FL – Tampa – Oldsmar, , ,