North America / United States / FL / Tampa – Oldsmar
Technology & Engineering
#: 99961-en_US / 99961
Sr. Project Manager – 99961
Technology and Engineering – USA Tampa, Florida
We are looking for a Senior Technical Project Manager to join Nielsen’s Enterprise IT department. In this role you will lead all aspects of project management including planning, analysis, design, build and implementation of a variety of technology projects within Nielsen’s enterprise portfolio.
We are looking for someone who has a strong technology background and experience coordinating internal, offshore and third-party project teams on projects ranging from small scale implementations to programs consisting of multiple projects. Experience leading SAP and/or Ariba implementations is strongly desired. This position will report to the Enterprise Platforms PMO.
- Development and adherence to program and project management processes
- Develop project plans and coordinate cross-functional teams through meetings and progress measurement activities which bring distinct, specific projects to completion both on time and within budget
- Manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Work hand-to-hand with SIs to ensure deliverables are met on time, within budget and with the expected quality and value. Contribute to cost savings and avoidance targets
- Identify and benchmark key metrics to ensure high performance
- Drive planning, design, estimating and internal project approvals. This will entail frequent collaboration with local and corporate leadership and internal partners such as Finance, Human Resources, Procurement, Infrastructure and Security
- Resolve cross-functional issues and risks, escalating as required
- Lead and mentor project teams to ensure a cohesive environment where everyone collaborates and works towards the same goal
- Hold and manage regular status meetings to ensure progress, mitigation of risks and resolution of issues
- Work closely with business to ensure expectations and priorities are aligned with the technical work required to deliver
- Facilitate communications, providing status and senior management reporting, including presentations.
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOU : You thrive in a fast-paced environment and work well under pressure. You focus, dig in, organize, collaborate, communicate and get it done. You are a problem solver with the ability to pick up new skills quickly and run with it. You motivate teams and provide them with the necessary tools and knowledge to achieve project goals.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or Information Systems or related field
- 7+ years prior project management experience required in information technology
- Experience managing project teams including both internal and external resources and solid track record of collaborating across organizational boundaries
- Exceptional organizational and follow-up skills required, plus the ability to multi-task and bring individual issues to timely closure
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication, team building, and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills showing both agility and sensitivity to change management
- A passion for cross-cultural collaboration and teamwork is a must
- Experience effectively managing resources remotely while displaying good leadership with team members
- Attention to detail and ability to prioritize multiple projects and work with strict deadlines
- High degree of integrity with comfort working with little supervision
- Technical background having successfully managed technical projects
- Experience with SAP/Ariba, Agile/JIRA, Google Apps, strongly desired but not required
- PMP preferred
- Flexibility with varied work hours (due to global nature of role)
- Ability to work remotely
By connecting clients to audiences, we fuel the media industry with the most accurate understanding of what people listen to and watch. To discover what audiences love, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are truly connected to their audiences, they can see the most important opportunities and accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Tampa,Florida
Secondary Locations: , , ,