India / India / / Bangalore
Technology & Engineering
#: 74524-en_US / 74524
SENIOR SOFTWARE DEVELOPER (BI- REPORTING)- KOCHI
ABOUT THIS JOB
Around here we’re all “numbers” people, but it’s the 1s and 0s behind our data that make what we do possible. Software engineers strike a balance between precision and disruption, between reliability and innovation. Nielsen is a tech company backed by nearly a century of forward momentum to show the world what’s next—and we couldn’t do it without our engineers.
● Write clean, concise, maintainable code and tests
● Actively participate in team code reviews and enforce quality standards
● Drive innovation and automation at every step, from coding to deployment
● Promote and implement best practices in development and operations
● Collaborate with product and other engineering teams
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOU
Common design patterns and industry standards are second nature to you. Developing complex applications? You’re up for that, too. You’ve honed your tech skills alongside your people skills and can clearly communicate technical concepts in a way that makes sense to anyone. You’re ready to put your experience to work and take ownership of projects on a global scale, without a lot of guidance—after all, you’re fluent in a few programming languages. You have the vision to strategize for the next generation of front-end and back-end services and processing engines that will drive tomorrow. You’re ready for what’s next.
- 4-6 years of hands-on software development.
- The training to back your work: a master’s degree, bachelor’s degree, or, as we recognize there isn’t one formula for success, equivalent work experience.
- Expert experience in BI tools such as Tableau, Power BI.
- Experience in Angular (version 2 or up), TypeScript is added advantage
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!