North America / United States / NY / New York City
#: 103324-en_US / 103324
Sr UX Researcher – Remote – 103324
Product Leadership – USA New York, New York
Sr. UX Designer – Remote
We’re looking for a Senior UX Designer to be part of our growing UX team, supporting web applications that empower advertisers, publishers and agencies with the intelligence they need to drive revenue, increase market share, and optimize their audiences and investments around the globe.
Working hand-in-hand with our highly-engaged product managers, engineers and an international UX consortium supporting shared UX tools, processes and resources, you will be part of a foundational team that shapes the future of Nielsen software solutions.
As a Senior UX Designer You Will
- Research and align users’ and business needs for desirable outcomes.
- Analyze and understand complex systems and the product life-cycle.
- Craft intuitive solutions for complex process and business problems, through personas, journey maps, sketches, flow diagrams, wireframes, prototypes and final assets for development.
- Design scalable concepts for multiple applications.
- Contribute to our design system repository.
- Use qualitative and quantitative methods to validate and improve your design.
- Work alongside teams of stakeholders, product managers, engineers, program managers, commercial leaders and UX across the globe.
What are we looking for?
- At least 5 years of experience as a UX Designer or Information Architect for B2B web applications (much more experience is fine).
- Proficiency with executing the full UX design life cycle – from preliminary research through journey-mapping, persona development, prototyping, usability testing, and interaction design with all relevant planning and deliverables.
- Contributing to a design system in an enterprise organization.
- Leading and working independently
- Balancing work on multiple initiatives from estimating to planning and delivery.
Skills And Mindset
- You’re a master of empathy both for the user and co-workers to enable you to communicate and design effectively.
- Ability to define the information architecture behind data-driven web applications that results in intuitive and user-friendly categorization, schema, mapping, and navigation.
- Attention for details, strong organizational and analytical skills and business acumen.
- A collaborative design mentality with a need for continuous learning.
- Excellent communication skills – You can effectively establish understanding and rationale of your designs and information architecture verbally (in English) and visually.
- Keen sense of aesthetics for both design and communication.
- Proficiency with design tools, such as Axure, Sketch or Figma.
- Ability to provide user data, heuristics and design systems components and guidelines to inform product management and engineering decisions.
- Comfortable working in a large, international, corporate and cross time-zone environment with remote teams.
Extra Points For
- Experience or keen interest in storytelling through data visualization.
- Knowledge and background working in the marketing industry.
- A portfolio demonstrating proficiency and success in user-centered design.
- An academic degree in a relevant field.
- Good sense of humor.
By connecting clients to audiences, we fuel the media industry with the most accurate understanding of what people listen to and watch. To discover what audiences love, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are truly connected to their audiences, they can see the most important opportunities and accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: New York,New York
Secondary Locations: Remote, , ,