North America / United States / NY / New York City
Marketing & Communications
#: 84723-en_US / 84723
Senior Marketing Manager, Talent/DEI – 84723
Marketing and Communications – USA New York, New York
MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS – NIELSEN MEDIA
We aspire to be one diverse, empowered, expert, motivated, passionate and accountable team driving
winning outcomes through marketing and communication strategies, programs and initiatives. We are
relentlessly focused on our audiences. This enables us to create compelling brand perception and
favorability. We propel product and solution growth and support outsized client, consumer, shareholder
and community respect and engagement. We are insights and opportunity driven. We proactively fuel
growth through well-honed strategies, creative and thoughtful programs and exceptional execution.
ABOUT THIS JOB
The Corporate and Brand Marketing team leads brand strategy and identity, corporate marketing, and messaging priorities and strategy and cross solutions/industry/segment support.
SCOPE OF THIS ROLE
As the Talent and DEI Marketing Lead, you will be responsible for internal and external talent + DEI marketing strategy and priorities to achieve growth and outcomes.
- Create and execute strategies and initiatives to support internal (employee) objectives including working with HR, Comms & COEs to create awareness of Nielsen people brand, DEI, and support the overall Employee and culture agenda
- Strategic partner of HR and partnership with communications counterparts to create cohesive strategy and plans around all efforts
- Establishment of internal and external talent brand and marketing strategy including recruitment strategy for potential associates and retention strategy for current associates
- Increase brand perception and awareness among potential associates
- Partnership with DEI core team and communications to create marketing plans for awareness, perception that ladder into business + corporate goals
- Create specific DEI strategy and goals for each audience: B2B, B2C, associates, investors working across other marketing strategy teams
- Managing strategy briefs and projects for all DEI and talent initiatives
- Managing workflow of projects across marketing centers of excellence and external agency partners
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOU
- 6-8 years experience in Marketing strategy
- Confident communicator with exceptional attention to detail, along with the proven ability to consistently make sound judgments and an ability to address business and technical audiences
- Experience leading multi-practice teams toward a common deliverable on frequently accelerated timeframes
- Strong collaborator and mentor with the ability to bring out the best in talent and effectively motivate and manage teams
- Excellent organizational, project management, and problem solving skills
- Amazing writing and PowerPoint/Slides skills and be able to tell a cohesive story through a narrative or a deck
- Must be intellectually curious and collaborative, “humble, hungry, and smart” with a strong work ethic
- Relationship building skills with the ability to interface with senior executives and experts across the organization
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: New York,New York
Secondary Locations: , , ,