Latin America / Brazil / / Cotia
Finance & Corporate Development
#: 80381-en_US / 80381
Tax Specialist – Latin America – 80381
Finance and Corporate Development – Brazil Cotia, Sao Paulo
Tax Specialist – Sao Paolo, BR
As a Tax Specialist you will coordinate all aspects for Latam related to tax on services versus US GAAP and Local GAAP, including: VAT, CIT and deferred tax. Maintain and monitor the statutory request to ensure adherence and compliance.
- Provide insight about the tax requirements in the region applicable to Nielsen and ensure adherence for compliance on those
- Maintain the local statutory accounts and ensure ongoing compliance to local regulation for the local legal entities
- Manage the statutory and tax accounting and audit processes and act as the single point of contact for external auditors and/or tax and statutory authorities or consultants
- Produce monthly Income tax and prepare the annual income tax forms ensuring the right calculation and presentation to local tax authorities
- Determine and provide deferred tax and tax accruals to be recognized in financial statements
- Ensuring that withholding taxes and perception taxes are properly determined and submitted to tax authorities on a timely basis.
- Prepare the monthly VAT tax returns ensuring the payment on time and in concordance with the local statutory requirement
- Study strategies or plans for tax cash flow optimization in adherence to local tax regulations
- Degree in Finance or Accounting with tax postgraduate studies preferred
- Fluency in English, Spanish fluency is a plus
- Minimum 5 years relevant professional experience as Tax auditor in a medium to large international company
- Knowledge and experience with local statutory requirements and statutory audit (Local GAAP, statutory financial statements, tax calculations, VAT returns)
- Knowledge and experience with US-GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX)
- Experience with ERP systems (preferably SAP)
About the Team:
As guardians of the Nielsen Media assets, our Finance teams strive to accurately report the financial position of Nielsen. We seek to continuously improve finance processes, controls and systems. We aim to provide clear, simple and insightful financial information to our business leaders in order to drive positive financial action. As a team we work in the spirit of integrity, accountability, quality and diligence, whilst maintaining the highest ethical standards.
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Cotia,Sao Paulo
Secondary Locations: , , ,