North America / United States / FL / Tampa – Oldsmar
Technology & Engineering
#: 89262-en_US / 89262
Technical Architect – 89262
Technology and Engineering – USA Tampa, Florida
At Nielsen, our Technology teams are relentless in our pursuit of superior analytics, technology, process and support. We are looking for a Technical Architect to join our exciting and innovative Digital Content team. As a Technical Architect for AWS Cloud Solutions, you will leverage your past experience building and managing production platforms to lead and oversee platform and software development in Nielsen Television Audience Measurement.
- Easily comprehend and convert business requirements to AWS Cloud based solutions.
- Build and test Cloud based applications for new and existing backend systems to help facilitate development teams migrate to the cloud.
- Assist and help in educating teams manage and develop new/existing cloud applications.
- Must have strong cloud Implementation expertise in cloud architecture.
- Must have very good knowledge in storage, network, compute services.
- Have a sound knowledge in multi-zone, region based designs.
- Provide solutions utilizing best practices for resiliency, scalability, reusable code, security, cloud cost & performance optimization.
- Develop and provide RESTful web services to integrate with other systems and platforms.
- Provide cloud integration development support, exert technical influence to various project teams by contributing to architecture, related to data modeling, application, and software development
- Assist business units in troubleshooting and problem resolution.
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field with an Information Technology focus
- 5+ years of Big Data engineering experience / software development experience
- Strong knowledge of Gitlab workflows, particularly in a collaborative environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Well organized and capable of handling multiple mission critical projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines.
- Candidates must easily comprehend scope and architect solutions adhering to Nielsen requirements.
- Strong knowledge on Unix/Linux OS, commands, shell scripting, python, JSON, YAML
- Experience in big data ETL processing tools/languages on Hadoop platform using M/R, Hive, Pig, Impala, Spark, Tez, Drill, Oozie or any other orchestration tools
- Agile scrum experience in application development is required.
- Proficiency in one or more of the following areas:
- Network, Storage & Databases: Load balancer, AWS S3, PostgreSQL, AWS Redshift, MySQL, Oracle, DynamoDB
- Deployment and automation: Cloud formation, Ansible, Elastic Beanstalk
- Containers: Docker, Container orchestration such as Mesosphere or Kubernetes or ECS or Docker Swarm
- Compute: EC2, EMR, AWS Lambda
- Services: IaaS, PaaS, SaaS
- AWS Certification is a plus.
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Tampa,Florida
Secondary Locations: , , ,