North America / United States / CA / Emeryville
#: 86261-en_US / 86261
Technical Product Manager – 86261
Gracenote – USA Emeryville, California
Are you ready to revolutionize entertainment?
Explore and Discover Nielsen! With offices located in 110 countries, we are a global independent measurement and big data analytics company focused on your future.
Gracenote, a Nielsen Company is the leading provider of entertainment metadata and media recognition technology that powers discovery features for top TV, music, sports and automotive platforms.
Gracenote is presently looking for a Technical Product Manager to work with our engineering teams in the US and abroad on the product that indexes the streaming video market (OVD). This product powers services on multiple consumer electronic platforms, allowing users to discover and view exactly what they want.
AS A TECHNICAL PRODUCT MANAGER YOU WILL:
- Engage directly with engineering team(s) on a daily basis
- Ensure user stories are complete with appropriate requirements and acceptance criteria and are properly ranked based on all stakeholder input
- Engage with multiple stakeholders, including Product, Customer Experience, Engineering leadership, and Architects to ensure correct requirements are provided to the engineering teams
- Negotiate timelines and priorities with stakeholders and engineering teams by articulating business value
- Represent the team’s interests in building maintainable, scalable solutions that also meet business requirements
- Collaborate with System Management team to standardize technical requirements, as appropriate, across components and systems
FOR THIS ROLE WE ARE LOOKING FOR INDIVIDUALS THAT HAVE:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2 years business analyst and/or SCRUM product owner experience or equivalent
- 2 years technical project or program management experience or equivalent
- Experience designing API responses
- Experience with SQL databases and desire to expand to other data storage technologies
- Experience coordinating dependencies across multiple teams
- Experience working remotely with engineering teams
- Experience writing detailed, technical requirements and stories with acceptance criteria
- Experience working with stakeholders across functions, including product, engineering, architecture, and support
- PMP or SCRUM PO certification or equivalent experience
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Emeryville,California
Secondary Locations: NY- Queensbury