North America / United States / CA / New York City
Technology & Engineering
#: 87873-en_US / 87873
Technical Product Owner – 87873
Technology and Engineering – USA New York, New York
Nielsen Sports is the global leader and independent, trusted adviser in sports intelligence and measurement. Combining solutions from sponsorship effectiveness to fan data capabilities with Nielsen’s understanding of consumer behavior and media consumption means Nielsen Sports is uniquely positioned to help businesses maximize their commercial success.
The Technical Product Owner (PO) is responsible for planning, leading, organizing, and motivating project teams to achieve a high level of performance and quality in delivering technical solutions that provide exceptional business value to users. The PO is highly skilled at understanding the complex needs of the business, translating its priorities into solutions and orchestrating the successful execution of the work. They partner with the project team and stakeholders to define timelines for this work and help guide the team toward consistently meeting these timelines. A Senior PO can work independently and simultaneously across multiple project teams to deliver multiple areas of value to the business. They are the leader and voice of the product from a technical perspective.
- Responsible for both strategic and tactical management of development projects and ensuring those projects are delivered to scope, on time and on budget, coordinating multi-functional internal resources and third parties/vendors, including virtual teams
- Obtain subject matter expertise to work independently across multiple project teams on day-to-day operations and propose feasible solutions as issues arise
- Lead the planning, definition and alignment of ongoing project requirements and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Manage changes to the project scope and schedule
- Central communication point for scope, status, timelines, deliverables, risks, delays and impacts to project team members and leadership as required
- Champion ongoing process improvement initiatives to implement best practices for agile project management
- Remove roadblocks to project work; leverage organizational resources to improve development team capacity
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of experience in Product Owner or Project Management capacity or relevant work experience
- Extremely detail-oriented and organized thinker and executor
- Proven skills and ability in scoping, planning, executing and controlling project work
- Understands long term goals; can plan based on input from multiple stakeholders with significant unknowns
- Asks the right questions to understand the impact associated with any given plan, requirement, or technical approach
- Able to overcome obstacles and think of creative solutions to problems
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to instill confidence in stakeholders and build relationships
- Motivated, self-starter
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: New York,New York