North America / United States / CA / Offsite
Technology & Engineering
#: 74662-en_US / 74662
Technical Project Manager, Infrastructure – 74662
Technology and Engineering – USA Offsite, Offsite
Nielsen Global Media is looking for a Technical Project Manager to join our Network Operations team. This individual will work closely with internal stakeholders, key personnel, and external parties to ensure successful delivery of network solutions that drive and support the goals, objectives, and demands of the Nielsen Global Media network environment.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Works closely with Network and Infrastructure management to plan, schedule, and drive infrastructure projects, deliverables, objectives, and goals.
- Creates, maintains, verifies and tracks execution of detailed project plans from development to production while revising as appropriate to meet potential changes in requirements and deliverables.
- Communicates project status, risks, and issues between Network Operations teams and internal customers and clients.
- Ensures appropriate data and critical information is collected allowing for informed decision making, mitigation of potential impact, and risk as related to both projects and network environment.
- Facilitates meetings with stakeholders, key personnel, and team members, including outside of normal working hours as needed, with co-located team members in different timezones
- Utilize an Agile mindset to create a collaborative environment that fosters autonomy, transparency, mastery, innovation, and learning; promotes continuous improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- 2 or more years experience as a Technical Project Manager with specific experience in Infrastructure, Information Systems or DevOps environments.
- Knowledge and experience using common project management tools and Agile methodologies.
- Strong understanding of computer network infrastructures, concepts, and solutions.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of interconnect systems as they relate to network services and infrastructures
Nice to have:
- Experience in software development or operations/infrastructure support
- PMP, Scrum Master, or Kanban training and certification.
- Knowledge or experience of computer network architecture, design, and implementation.
- Strong skills in prioritizing, organization, and presentation or information technology concepts and solutions.
About the team
We are a small, diverse, global team of engineers and administrators, working together to build out and support the Nielsen Global Media network infrastructure. We work closely with Cyber Security to follow the latest recommended best practices to secure and manage global network services. We bring a variety of backgrounds and skills to the team, both technical and other. Although we are all working remotely at present, nobody works in a vacuum! We interact with each other and other teams all day. We gladly share knowledge, assist, and support each other. We value authenticity, passion, and creativity.
ABOUT NIELSEN GLOBAL MEDIA
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Offsite,Offsite
Secondary Locations: CA – Emeryville, FL – Tampa – Oldsmar, NY – New York City,