North America / United States / NY / New York City
Technology & Engineering
#: 89805-en_US / 89805
UX/UI Designer – 89805
Technology and Engineering – USA New York, New York
Nielsen Sports is the premier provider of analytics and insights within the sports industry, offering the most reliable source of independent and holistic market data in the sector and the most complete view of consumer trends and habits worldwide. We combine solutions from sponsorship effectiveness to fan data capabilities with Nielsen’s understanding of consumer behavior and media consumption, allowing major brands, teams and sports organizations, and over 1,700 customers globally to better understand and connect with audiences through media, sponsorship, communication and experiential platforms.
The UI/UX Designer will be based in New York and will be responsible for leading user experience and design efforts across our sports product, including media evaluation and Sports Connect products, which drive most of our revenue.
In this role, you should be an analytical and creative designer who is able to grasp user needs and solve problems. The UI/UX designer will be involved with the entire product cycle from start to finish and will be expected to contribute to all aspects of the design process—including research, wireframing/prototyping, and visual design. Collaborate with product, engineering and commercial teams to ensure that the best user experience is designed in order to empower our clients relationships with Nielsen Sports products.
- Consulting with product teams, clients and commercial teams to understand the clients goals and needs and explaining research results
- Creating wireframes, storyboards, sitemaps and screen flows
- Creating product prototypes
- Conducting usability testing
- Developing personas and usage scenarios
- Analyzing user feedback and activity, and iterating to enhance the user experience
- Assisting with content development for product demos and POCs
- Conducting competitor and customer analysis
- Passion for user experience, visual design and design thinking.
- Bachelor’s degree in visual design, communication or psychology preferred.
- 3+ Years of Software User Experience designing and shipping successful consumer-facing products at consumer-focused companies.
- Experience in Interface Design and UX Design
- Knowledge of Adobe CS, Figma and Sketch
- A strong portfolio demonstrating past work experience and relevant, user-centered design solutions for desktop and mobile
- Comfortable with multiple design disciplines, including web, mobile web, and native applications.
- The UX designers must have the ability to quickly adapt to new technologies and a willingness to keep their skills and industry knowledge current.
- A sense of ownership and ability to drive issues to closure
- Be self-directed but also collaborative
- Desire to work in a fast-paced and fluid entrepreneurial environment
- Interest in understanding client needs, potential pain relievers and gain creators
- Ability to operate independently
- Experience in sports media, and/or sports sponsorship is a big plus
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: New York,New York
Secondary Locations: , , ,