North America / United States / NY / Offsite
#: 105062-en_US / 105062
Vice President, Global Rewards – Remote OK – 105062
Human Resources – USA Offsite, Offsite
Nielsen, an organization of approximately 16,000 global employees, is looking for a VP of Global Rewards. Reporting to the SVP, Global Total Rewards, the VP of Global Rewards will lead a global team of 9 managing compensation and benefits programs across approximately 50 countries. This role requires a strong leader with broad knowledge of several disciplines within HR (compensation, benefits, talent, HR systems) and the ability to thrive in a high-growth and fast-paced environment.
This role is responsible for the leadership and execution of the shared services delivery model and for designing and implementing a comprehensive compensation strategy that drives best practices across the enterprise and delivers a world-class employee experience that can flex to the specific, changing, needs of the business.
This ideal candidate is a self-starter and strategic leader that will quickly grow to understand business needs and build highly productive relationships both internally and externally.
Critical skills include job architecture, sales incentive plans and HR systems and processes with desired experience working in a high-tech environment.
Location: Remote US – East Coast
- Develop and execute the vision and strategy for global compensation and liaise closely with our global benefits team on global benefits strategy and execution
- Design and benchmark various compensation programs including base salary structures, annual incentive plans and sales incentive plans
- Work closely with the Sales Management team, Commercial leadership team and our talent strategists on the design of our sales incentive compensation plans
- Finalize and implement a newly established job architecture that will be a driving force for our new global HR management system, Employee Central including finalizing the salary structure and global compensation ranges
- Implement and manage our annual total compensation planning process (annual bonus payouts, merit and equity planning)
- Manage our quarterly promotions process
- Prepare global budget information for incentive pools and global merit budgets, including eligibility and payout guidelines
- Lead the day to day compensation elements of global mergers and acquisitions
- In conjunction with the global benefits team, lead the harmonization of benefit plans in 11 countries around the world
- Proactively identifies opportunities to gain efficiency or solve organizational challenges through process improvement with a focus to influence and drive change and simplification
- Global compensation communications, including content development, coordination with our internal communications team, creation of training materials, and guiding internal stakeholders
- Manage and develop a team of 9 highly talented and motivated global associates in NA, LATAM, Europe and Asia
- Develop a high level of collaboration across the people team in order to execute compensation processes and strategy.
Professional Experience and Required Skills
- 10+ years of progressive experience in leading compensation and benefits for a global company, preferably with high tech
- Proven track record to manage and continuously develop a team of highly talented and motivate individuals
- Strong expertise in vendor management, project management, problem analysis and resolutions
- Analytical with the ability to evaluate complex data and make recommendations
- Ability to quickly establish credibility to partner effectively with business leaders and colleagues to define and deliver effective processes, programs and tools that support the business goals
- Proven strong leadership skills and the ability to influence across all levels and functions of an organization
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, including the ability to tailor materials to match the level of the audience
- Forward thinking and has a continuous process improvement mindset; highly effective decision-making and judgment
Year 1 Measures of Success
- Building positive and trusting relationships internally; seen as a true business partner who adds value and aligns compensation with business goals and outcomes; is trusted and respected for not only technical competence, but also business judgment; and has earned the confidence and trust of key business partners
- Strong focus on our compensation program design and driving leading edge thinking related to an emerging technology organization
- Shows a passion for mentoring and growing talent while providing leadership and coaching to the team to excel.
- Successful implementation and launch of our new job architecture and global benchmarking framework
- Successful implementation and launch of the compensation structure in our new HRIS system, Employee Central
- Drive the harmonization of benefits across 11 countries globally
By connecting clients to audiences, we fuel the media industry with the most accurate understanding of what people listen to and watch. To discover what audiences love, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are truly connected to their audiences, they can see the most important opportunities and accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Offsite,Offsite
Secondary Locations: IL – Chicago, MD – Columbia, ,
Travel: Yes, 10% of the Time