North America / United States / NY / New York City
Marketing & Communications
#: 89434-en_US / 89434
VP, Paid Media – 89434
Marketing and Communications – USA New York, New York
MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS – NIELSEN MEDIA
We aspire to be one diverse, empowered, expert, motivated, passionate and accountable team driving
winning outcomes through marketing and communication strategies, programs and initiatives. We are
relentlessly focused on our audiences. This enables us to create compelling brand perception and
favorability. We propel product and solution growth and support outsized client, consumer, shareholder
and community respect and engagement. We are insights and opportunity driven. We proactively fuel
growth through well-honed strategies, creative and thoughtful programs and exceptional execution.
ABOUT THIS JOB
The Global Digital and Growth Marketing team leads the digital marketing and advertising strategy, activation and optimization for the enterprise. Managing all marketing levers to drive specific outcomes for stakeholders including B2B lead and revenue generation as well as enterprise initiatives. This cross channel team develops and manages stakeholder strategies and execution on digital properties (including Nielsen.com), email, mobile and social properties – proprietary and paid.
The Vice President, Paid Media will develop and lead a team responsible for cross channel planning, activation, and optimization of Nielsen paid media campaigns. Paid media is an essential lever in the marketing mix in achieving campaign objectives and driving business outcomes. Supporting the development and scaling of B2B and B2C initiatives,, the paid media team will partner with media agencies, media partners and MarCom team members to deliver on campaign goals and objectives.
- Nielsen Paid Media: Develop and lead the B2B/B2C Paid Media practice, effectively leveraging the paid media channel to meet business objectives.The Paid Media practice spans all digital paid media channels including video, display, search, social, programmatic and native advertising. Channel expansion to be expected as the team and discipline grows.
- Cross Channel Campaigns: In partnership with other members of the Global Digital and Growth Marketing team and across MarCom; develop, plan, activate and optimize paid media campaigns as part of cross channel marketing initiatives. Responsible for ensuring the paid media strategy and tactics align with business and marketing strategy. Ensure activity is executed to achieve performance targets.
- Paid Media Channel Management: Establish and implement best practices driving toward meeting and exceeding benchmarks; specifically lead generation. Develop and implement reporting standards and cadence in support of a cross channel rapid test and learn growth marketing practice. Champion and enable a customer centric approach to advertising. Leverage technology and data to improve performance and streamline operations.
- Media Agencies: Manage existing and identify new agency partners in support of paid channel objectives. Support cross agency coordination efforts as needed to align with the overall marketing strategy.
- Media Vendors: Manage existing and identify new media vendors (i.e. digital publishers and supporting partners) as needed to achieve channel objectives.
- Paid Media SME: As an expert in paid advertising, drive awareness of paid media across the enterprise (marketing and non-marketing). Consult within marketing and beyond on paid media best practices, potential new use cases, future industry enhancements/disruptions and help teams stay up to date on Nielsen and industry trends.
- Team Management: Develop and lead a high performing team of paid media experts that enable and support paid media channel activation efforts across MarCom.
- Minimum of 12+ years experience in B2B/B2C Marketing, Advertising or related business function; including people management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications or related field.
- Strategic and technical knowledge of paid advertising channels including paid search, paid social, programmatic and direct media buying, video and native. Experience in Advanced and Connected TV is a plus.
- Subject matter expertise in using paid advertising channels and tactics to achieve campaign performance objectives.
- Experience with a variety of leading media platforms, such as ad servers, DSPs, video, social and native.
- Media agency management experience; including directing agencies to support planning, activating and optimizing omni-channel paid advertising.
- A proactive, goal oriented team player able to work independently and collectively in a fast paced environment.
- Strong relationship development skills capable of developing, maintaining and growing internal and external strategic relationships across partners and functions.
- A team leader capable of building, leading and growing high performing teams.
- Data driven, analytical, with excellent attention to detail.
- Strong project management and communication skills.
- Energetic, passionate, with an appetite to grow.
Nielsen Holdings plc (NYSE: NLSN) is a leading global data and analytics company that provides a holistic and objective understanding of the media industry. With offerings spanning audience measurement, audience outcomes and content, Nielsen offers its clients and partners simple solutions to complex questions and optimizes the value of their investments and growth strategies. It is the only company that can offer de-duplicated cross-media audience measurement. Audience is EverythingTM to Nielsen and its clients, and Nielsen is committed to ensuring that every voice counts.
An S&P 500 company, Nielsen offers measurement and analytics service in nearly 60 countries. For more information, visit www.nielsen.com.
From time to time, Nielsen may use its website and social media outlets as channels of distribution of material company information. Financial and other material information regarding the company is routinely posted and accessible on our website at https://www.nielsen.com/investors, and our social media accounts: Twitter at https://twitter.com/Nielsen, LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/nielsen/, Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/Nielsen/ and Instagram at https://www.instagram.com/lifeatnielsen/.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: New York,New York
Secondary Locations: CA – Emeryville, , ,
Relocation Approved: No
Hiring Manager Name: Alison Anne Gensheimer
Hiring Manager Title: SVP, Digital & Growth Marketing
Recruiter Name: Wendi Cassuto