North America / United States / NY / New York City
Marketing & Communications
#: 83288-en_US / 83288
Senior Director, Product Marketing – 83288
Marketing and Communications – USA New York, New York
The VP Product Marketing will connect with Sales Account Management teams to understand the challenges and needs for specific client segments. With the new “Audience is Everything” strategy for Nielsen, Product Marketing is key to business success. You will be responsible for helping create the cohesive Nielsen product story bringing clarity to how our products solve problems for our client segments.
- Design product marketing framework to support client segments and define KPIs aligned with revenue growth and commercial success. Closely align with Sales Account Management leaders to identify and quantify how Product Marketing activity supports achievement of revenue targets.
- Develop client segment expertise through events, research and conferences that ensures understanding of their business and needs in order to create marketing initiatives that speak directly to those needs.
- Partner closely with Product Marketing, Demand Generation, Events and Inside Sales team to deliver content and campaigns that both differentiate and promote Nielsen’s portfolio of solutions. Work with Account Management to create narratives, presentations and one-pagers for strategic client pitches.
- Develop and grow the new Client Segments Product Marketing org at Nielsen.
- To qualify, you must have 10+ years’ experience in B2B Marketing within a relevant industry or related vertical.
- Background must include successful collaboration with Sales and internal teams to drive strategic Product Marketing.
- Individuals must possess a growth mindset combined with executive presence to build and foster relationships internally and externally.
- Proven ability to lead high performing teams to deliver critical deliverables within accelerated timelines.
- Confident communicator with exceptional attention to detail, along with the proven ability to consistently make sound judgments and an ability to address business and technical audiences.
- Clear leadership skills that focus on collaboration and mentoring teams. Talent magnet who can effectively motivate and manage direct teams while influencing across the organization.
- Excellent organization, project management and problem solving skills.
- Amazing writing and PowerPoint skills combined with storytelling ability resulting in a cohesive story narrative or deck.
Product Marketing is critical to our organization’s strategy and success. When you join us, you have the opportunity to design and build an impactful team. At Nielsen, Product Marketing focuses on development and accountability to achieve business and client focused outcomes. If you have a roll up your sleeves and get it done attitude, we want to talk to you.
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: New York,New York
Secondary Locations: IL – Chicago, CA – Emeryville, FL – Tampa – Oldsmar,