Nielsen Pulse Report July-August 2016
The latest version of the Nielsen Pulse Report for July/August 2016 is now available.
Some key points to note:
- Total ROI FMCG Market is valued at €15.66bn, +2.2% YOY and +0.3% versus May/June bi-monthly period.
- Discounters remain unchanged at 18% market share during the MAT but bi-monthly growth increased +1.6% to 17.5%. Convenience was the best performing channel as it grew +4.5% while Multiples and Dunnes combined lost -0.3% and -1.3% value during the MAT and bi-monthly periods respectively.
- Multiples continue to lose as Discounters remain strong in Grocery, Health & Beauty and Household while Convenience increases share of Confectionery and Alcohol.
- Categories trading heavily in Convenience (Confectionery (+3.8%), Alcohol (+1.0%) and Tobacco (6.5%)) are the big drivers of Value particularly in the latest 2 months.
- Across 5 of the 7 product classes % sold on deal is either flat or up for the latest 12 weeks YOY.