Auckland: 2 May 2013 – Inaugural conference explores ‘Uncommon Thinking’ around the modern consumer
Nielsen, a leading global provider of information and insights into what consumers watch and buy, hosts the inaugural Nielsen Pacific Consumer 360 conference in the Blue Mountains, Australia.
This exclusive client conference takes place from 1-3 May 2013. It brings together industry heavyweights including addresses from Myer’s Bernie Brookes, Mi9 CEO Mark Britt, Z Energy Head of Marketing Jane Anthony and Executive Director of Corporate Affairs and Marketing for Nestle, David Morgan. The conference also incorporates two panel discussions: one focusing on the media landscape with Google, Facebook, Mindshare and Yahoo!7, and a second retail-focused panel featuring representatives from GlaxoSmithKline, Bulla, Coles and Macquarie Bank.
Rob Clark, Managing Director of Nielsen New Zealand, says that Nielsen is uniquely placed to bring together consumer behaviour and some of the most insightful ‘uncommon thinkers’ from the Pacific’s biggest advertisers, retailers and media houses. “That’s the premise behind Consumer 360 – a thoughtfully created forum where marketing, media and retail people explore how they can strengthen their connections with consumers and work through common questions and challenges.”
Consumer 360 explores retail strategy, online advertising measurement, cross platform marketing, consumer psychology, and business and brand building case studies, providing key insights into the current state of retail, marketing and media in the Pacific region, as well as foresight into the future of the connected consumer. The 2013 theme, Uncommon Thinking, aims to highlight fresh ways that companies have navigated current market challenges to improve their business performance.
During the conference’s General Sessions, industry leaders will address the challenges of connecting to today’s digital and diverse consumers. They will discuss how better solutions can evolve through uncommon approaches to situations.
Afternoon Insight Sessions will go deeper with new research, case studies and collaborations geared towards better understanding what consumers watch and buy – and why they act in such way. Additionally, the Nielsen Innovation Expo will allow delegates to test drive Nielsen’s newest technology solutions in an interactive manner.
Z Energy Head of Marketing, Jane Anthony said, “I’m excited to be part of such an esteemed speaker line up.” Anthony is running an insight session on the brand launch of Z Energy (formerly Shell), she explains, “To rebrand from global to local successfully we needed to identify, understand and connect with New Zealand consumers. Nielsen’s Consumer 360 conference is a fantastic forum to share this project and delegates are going to walk away with real actionable business insights to take back to their teams.”
Additionally, the Nielsen Innovation Expo at the event will allow delegates to test drive Nielsen’s newest technology solutions in an interactive manner.
The full agenda is available at http://www.consumer360.com/pacific/
Full Line up
General and panel speakers:
- Kendra Banks – Customer Insight and Brand Marketing, Coles
- Mark Britt – CEO, Mi9
- Bernie Brookes – CEO and Managing Director, Myer
- Megan Brownlow – Executive Director, PricewaterhouseCoopers
- Vincent Cotard – Vice President-Pacific, GlaxoSmithKline
- Greg Diring – Executive Director, Macquarie Research Equities
- Paul Fisher – Managing Director, Media – APMEA, Nielsen
- Steve Hasker – President – Global Media Products and Advertiser Solutions, Nielsen
- Ross Macdonale – Industry Leader – Retail, Media and Classifieds, Google
- David Morgan – Executive Director – Corporate Affairs and Marketing, Nestle
- Ciarán Norris – Chief Digital Officer, Mindshare
- Doug Peiffer – CEO, OzTAM
- Dr. A. K. Pradeep – Founder & Chairman, Nielsen NeuroFocus
- Stuart Sayers – CEO, Yahoo!7
- Brad Smallwood – Vice President of Measurement and Insights, Facebook
- Lisa Walsh – Head of Audience and Research Marketing, ABC
- Reg Weine – CEO, Bulla Dairy Foods
- Peter Wiltshire – Group Sales & Marketing Director, Nine Entertainment Co
- Jane Anthony – Head of Marketing, Z Energy New Zealand (formerly Shell)
- Graham Christie – Mobile Advertising and Customer Marketing Leader, Big Mobile
- Marshall Farrer – Managing Director-Pacific, Brown-Forman
- David O’Brien – Customer Marketing Manager, Wrigley
- Steve Weaver – Research Director – Nine Network Australia
Nielsen’s inaugural Pacific Consumer 360 conference will be held at the Fairmont Blue Mountains 1-3 May, 2013.
Nielsen Holdings N.V. (NYSE: NLSN) is a global information and measurement company with leading market positions in marketing and consumer information, television and other media measurement, online intelligence, mobile measurement, trade shows and related properties. Nielsen has a presence in approximately 100 countries, with headquarters in New York, USA and Diemen, the Netherlands. For more information, visit www.nielsen.com.