What we measure
In today’s world, success is all about understanding and reaching your shoppers. In an increasingly competitive and fragmented retail landscape, mass marketing is no longer the most efficient and cost-effective option.
At Nielsen, we go beyond basic demographics to help you understand who your most valuable customers are, as well as where and how to find them.
By identifying shoppers with precision, you can also examine the lifestyle and life stage of your consumer to find out where they live, shop and socialize, as well as what they buy today in order to develop focused and efficient marketing strategies.
How we do it
We integrate insights from our shopper panel of 3,600 households with sales information, media consumption and attitudinal data, to help you match products with shoppers and stores to maximize your potential, without the gamble.
We can profile your shopper segments that represent the maximum opportunity for growth and the highest return on marketing investment to help you get the right messages to these groups at the right time and place.
Retailers can use this information to:
- Optimize stores to better serve the kinds of shoppers frequenting them.
- Find out which categories and brands have the highest demand among store shoppers.
- Determine how to group stores based on shopper demographics and preferences.
- Work out what shoppers purchase at other stores across different channels.
Brands can benefit from demographic segmentation by:
- Finding out where they are likely to find their most valuable consumer groups.
- Identifying stores that have the potential to sell more product volume.
- Working out the top areas for sampling and the top stores for in-store activities, demonstrations and promotions.