Nielsen recognizes the tremendous purchasing power of minority, previously disadvantaged and marginalised communities. Our Corporate Supplier Diversity Initiative helps us to maintain a competitive edge with these economic driving forces of the future.
The role of Corporate Supplier Diversity is critical to the overall success of Nielsen, both in its procurement practices and its role as a corporate citizen. By providing economic development opportunities, Nielsen ensures its role as a leader within the communities it serves.
– Greg Serafin, Senior Vice President, Global Sourcing
WHAT IS SUPPLIER DIVERSITY?
A strategic initiative that allows Nielsen to enhance its competitive position by:
- Enhancing the supply chain via increased competition.
- Strengthening the economy of the communities we serve and enhancing our market leadership position.
- Forming shared interests with key markets, promoting brand loyalty.
- Increasing market share by teaming with key business partners.