Signs on Specific Media, Undertone, Adap.tv and Videology
New York – Nov. 12, 2013 – Nielsen, a leading global provider of information and insights into what consumers watch and buy, today announced the launch of its new digital measurement service Nielsen Buyer Insights – Precision Marketing to enable the activation and measurement of online advertising campaigns based on what people buy. The solution expands on the foundational Nielsen Buyer Insights deliverable that brings ad effectiveness insights to TV advertising campaigns, launched in 2012. The Precision Marketing service is built by combining consumer online activity with actual online and offline purchase activity from anonymized, privacy-protected credit card data of the Nielsen panel.
To date, four leading digital advertising platforms have signed on to offer this insight to their clients and leverage the ability to deliver buyer segmented audiences, ranging from the category level to heavy buyers of a single merchant.
The new service will extend demographics in order to provide clients with superior insights. By including sales categories such as Retail, Travel, and Dining, as well as additional segments beyond Consumer Packaged Goods, companies will be offered heightened planning effectiveness. Sales-based segmentation will be enabled through the use of actual anonymized and aggregated credit card spend for consumers.
Nielsen Buyer Insights – Precision Marketing enables advertisers to:
- Drive sales among shoppers across the spectrum of spending (light to heavy)
- Drive special sale events and quick promotions
- Drive sales among a core shopper base
- Reach shoppers of competitive brands or retailers
“We see this as a huge step for digital precision marketing. Clients can see syndicated data exposing the reach and frequency of their ads layered with actual consumer shopping behavior,” stated Nada Bradbury, SVP Global Media Products, Nielsen. “Success can now be defined in growing the number of transactions and sales volume. The industry is eager for a tool that analyzes the effectiveness of a campaign on actual sales.”
- “Connecting with consumers is increasingly more complicated; yet, with new technologies that allow us to create a link between offline and online by harnessing insights from aggregated data, retailers can build direct connections with consumers to deliver messages and offers that will resonate,” said Jill Botway, Executive Vice President, Global Sales and Marketing, Specific Media. “We’re pleased to strengthen our partnership with Nielsen and extend our commitment to bringing our clients sophisticated solutions that both epitomize efficiency and embody best practices for consumer protection.”
- “This new product provides a powerful tool for brands looking to measure digital campaigns and identify consumers based on actual purchase data,” said Alan Schanzer, Chief Client Officer, Undertone. “Solutions like this are becoming increasingly important as advertisers focus on ways to effectively close the loop between digital advertising and offline sales.”
- “The ability to tie consumer purchasing patterns to digital video and television viewership allows retailers to make smarter advertising decisions,” said Scott Ferber, Chairman and CEO, Videology. “For one brand this might mean using video to drive awareness among key customers who are light TV viewers. For another, it might mean building cross-screen frequency to sway buyers of a competing brand. The beauty of the data is that it can be adapted to drive specific retail goals.”
Nielsen Holdings N.V. (NYSE: NLSN) is a global information and measurement company with leading market positions in marketing and consumer information, television and other media measurement, online intelligence and mobile measurement. Nielsen has a presence in approximately 100 countries, with headquarters in New York, USA and Diemen, the Netherlands. For more information, visit www.nielsen.com.
Mia Scott, (646) 654.5459, [email protected]