Video on Demand - Cross Platform
Today’s TV landscape allows networks to distribute their program content on multiple platforms, including traditional linear TV, non-linear on-demand TV and digital platforms. With the proper subscriptions and encoding, NPOWER can now help you take a look at how non-linear programming potentially impacts linear viewing and vice versa.
Business Scenario 1
What are the Average Audience % and Total Rating Point % of my program episode across both linear and Video on Demand?
- Open a Ratings Analysis Program Report.
- On the Program selection page, on the Filters tab, under Originator Type, select Non-Linear and then under Originators, select your Video on Demand. Note: Reporting of your non-recently telecast Video on Demand content requires a separate subscription and encoding process. The Originator list displayed will therefore vary depending on your subscriptions and encoding.
- On the Program selection page, on the Advanced tab, select Episode and use the Wild Card search to locate Video on Demand content.
- From the Results tab, select desired linear episode and Video on Demand content to include in report.
- Repeat steps 2 through 4, this time selecting the appropriate Linear (Broadcast, Cable or Syndication) Originators and program episodes.
- On the Statistics selection page, select US AA% and Total Ratings Point.
- On the Report Segment page, select Program and Program Episode.
Business Scenario 2
Do my viewers only watch Video on Demand content or do they also watch linear content?
- Unify your sample.
- Create a schedule for your Video on Demand content.
- Create a schedule for your linear programs.
- Create a Reach and Frequency Duplication report to analyze who only watched Video on Demand content, only linear, and who watched both.
Linear and Non-Linear
For additional information and ideas on types of analysis that can be run using Non-Linear Video on Demand, please refer to the following documents: