Nielsen announced today the nominees for its third annual Nielsen IAG Automotive Awards. The awards recognize auto advertisers whose ads were found to be the most effective by Nielsen IAG’s 2.5+ million viewer panel. This year, awards will be distributed in three categories: Green Ad of the Year, Sales Event Campaign of the Year, and Automotive Ad of the Year.
Winners will be announced by Lois Miller, President of Nielsen IAG Automotive, at the New York Auto Show on Wednesday, April 8.
“The automotive industry faced a very challenging year in 2008,” said Miller. “These awards celebrate the creative advertising process and they recognize how the talents of great ad agencies, savvy media planners, and automakers with a vision can work together to effectively reach their audience.”
Nominees for the ad categories are as follows:
GREEN AD OF THE YEAR
- Lexus – “Missing H” – Agency: Team One, Media: Team One
- Chevrolet – “Disappear 2.0 Volt Reveal” – Agency: Campbell-Ewald, Media: Starcom Mediavest
- Cadillac Escalade Hybrid – Checkmate – Agency: Modernista! Media: Starcom Mediavest
SALES EVENT CAMPAIGN OF THE YEAR
- Toyota – “Toyotathon of Toyotathons” – Agency: Saatchi and Saatchi, Media: Saatchi and Saatchi
- Volkswagen – “Autobahn for All” – Agency: Crispin Porter and Bogusky, Media: Mediacom
- Lexus – “December to Remember” – Agency: Team One, Media: Team One
AUTOMOTIVE AD OF THE YEAR
- Chevrolet – “My Truck Anthem” – Agency: Campbell-Ewald, Media: Starcom Mediavest
- Volkswagen – “Nimoy” — Agency: Crispin Porter and Bogusky, Media: Mediacom
- Ford – “Focus Briana” — Agency: J Walter Thompson, Media: Mindshare
For more information on this year’s awards or for media credentialing, please contact Ian Beavis at (714) 813-6300 or firstname.lastname@example.org.