North America / United States / NY / New York City
Client Service & Sales
#: 74003-en_US / 74003
Account Manager, Client Solutions – 74003
Client Services and Sales – USA New York, New York
About this job:
The Account Manager, Client Solutions is a member of the Nielsen Client Solutions team, dedicated to servicing Advertising Agencies and Advertisers in the Eastern region of the United States. The scope of the client solutions function ranges from understanding and selling Nielsen’s national and local audience measurement and consumer insight services, contract negotiating, addressing in-bound calls regarding ratings and advertising data inquiries, understanding consumer viewership and listenership behaviors, In this role, the Account Manager, Client Solutions will have ownership of a client list and will be responsible for growing revenue within the territory.
The role provides the opportunity to develop long-term, deep relationships in driving both account management and business development for a wide array of both Advertising Agency and local/regional Advertiser clients. The ideal candidate will possess a strong media background including digital and connected TV and possess a proven track record of building and honing client relationships, delivering robust presentations, adapting to the needs of a dynamic, ever-changing environment and client base, and possessing a solutions-oriented sales style.
- 4-6 days of travel per month is required when appropriate
- Conduct client meetings to build and maintain high levels of customer satisfaction among all clients.
- Secure expiring business by structuring, negotiating and closing complex contract renewals.
- Prospect and develop sales revenue from both existing clients and prospects.
- Present opportunities to help clients grow our business through consultative selling and solid negotiating skills; grow revenue through sales of incremental products within an established client base.
- Utilize Salesforce to track entire sales and contract renewal cycle, including forecasting.
- Train and service clients on all Nielsen services including data and software solutions.
- Articulate an excellent understanding of each product and solution, and how the data can be used to improve agency and advertiser business performance.
- Attend client- and industry-specific meetings.
- 5-8 years of media experience – working with advertising agencies or marketers at all levels
- BA or BS Degree in Marketing, Communications, Advertising or related field
- Understanding of the media and advertising industry
- Strong Excel, PowerPoint skills, and Google skills
- Experience managing client relationships
- Knowledge of TV, Radio & Digital Industries
- High attention to detail
- Strong Interpersonal skills, highly motived, strong orientation toward client relationships
- Excellent communication skills to translate complex concepts into concise yet informative messaging for clients
- Ability to handle pressure, juggle multiple responsibilities simultaneously, and work well with a diverse customer base and various internal teams
We’re in tune with what the world is watching, buying, and everything in between. If you can think of it, we’re measuring it. We sift through the small stuff and piece together big pictures to provide a comprehensive understanding of what’s happening now and what’s coming next for our clients. Today’s data is tomorrow’s marketplace revelation.
We like to be in the middle of the action. That’s why you can find us at work in over 100 countries. From global industry leaders to small businesses, consumer goods to media companies, we work with them all. We’re bringing in data 24/7 and the possibilities are endless. See what’s next with us at Nielsen: careers.nielsen.com
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: New York,New York
Secondary Locations: DC – Washington, PA – Philadelphia, MA – Boston,