North America / United States / KS / Arkansas City /
#: 743999720628888 / REF225W
The COVID-19 outbreak has certainly changed the way everyone lives and works, and we’re no exception. Our first priority is the health and safety of our associates and the communities we operate in. To keep us all as safe as possible, we’ve made some adjustments to our recruiting process. For the time being, interviews and assessments will be done virtually, and we’re set up for remote onboarding. We have regular video meetings, so you can feel like part of the team right from the start.
We’ll be back in our offices once it’s safe to return. In the meantime, you can join us from your home office knowing we have a solid, global infrastructure and remote work capabilities already in place.
On the Nielsen Team, you will work one-to-one with major clients and use Nielsen solutions to help answer questions such as finding the right assortment and guiding pricing strategies. Every day brings a new challenge when working in a fast-paced retail environment.
ABOUT THIS JOB:
The primary role of the Retail Analytics Analyst is to develop and execute Pricing, Promotion, Assortment, and Shopper analytic solutions for retail clients. He/she will be responsible for all aspects of the analysis including model execution, conducting an analysis of results, simulating client plans, creating deliverable materials, and supporting presentation/training/tool delivery.
Join our Team and work with our clients as a consultant, a problem solver, and the voice of Nielsen at our clients.
Drive Client Value
- Conduct required research and analysis to identify trends and patterns in data to glean insights aligned to client business issues and formulate findings into a storytelling manner
- Thoroughly perform quality assessments on large datasets, quickly assessing potential errors and quickly developing solutions to address them
- Create Excel and PowerPoint deliverables in addition to deliverables in Nielsen proprietary software solutions.
- Provide error-free, on-time results
- Work consultatively and creatively with clients and Nielsen teams
- Create and execute tasks detailed on a project plan including collecting, organizing, and tracking data inputs as well as leading internal meetings
- Develop mastery of propriety Nielsen tools and metrics, which you will use to help solve your clients most pressing business questions
Learning and Professional Development
- Seek out learning and development opportunities such as advancing technical skills, depending on retail expertise, or expanding solution knowledge
- Train and mentor new associates as they join the team
- Contribute to the creation of an environment team members are proud to be a part of and others want to join
- Escalate concerns/issues to Delivery Consultants and/or Principal in a timely and productive manner when needed
Process Improvement/Cost Leadership
- Participate in analytic communities that create and promote the development of best practices and thought leadership
- Actively identify opportunities for efficiencies, automation, standardization, and ways to simplify processes in modeling and deliverable development
- Ensures quality and timeliness of delivery (i.e. no re-work, on-time, etc)
- Delivers work efficiently and seeks opportunities to increase efficiency
- Executes work assigned independently and manage workload effectively
- Collaborative team member receiving positive feedback from consultants and client
- Proactively identifies client issues and identifies solutions
- Pushes the envelope sharing new ideas & creative solutions
- Learns about retail clients and our analytic solutions to solve their business issues
- Analytical mindset; inquisitive; problem solver; self-starter
- Storyteller; strong written and verbal communication; collaborative
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOU:
You confidently manage data, and you care about the people behind every number. You constantly seek to learn new things and lean into new capabilities. Change excites you. Curiosity, communication, and critical thinking drive your work–whether you got your start in sales or consulting analytics, or consumer goods. Now you’re ready for what’s next.
- College/University Undergraduate Degree
- 1-3 years of experience in a professional services organization and applied analytics to resolve business issues. 1-2 years of pricing analytics experience preferred.
- Strong logic, deductive reasoning, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills. Has the ability to synthesize data and identify and diagnose errors/issues independently
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in SQL or Microstrategy needed (R and Python are desirable)
- Possess an understanding of statistics with advanced knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint.
- Proactive; need to look ahead and anticipate what’s coming rather than sit back and wait to be told to do something
- Enthusiasm for learning the practical application of statistical analysis to address business issues
- Must be able to effectively manage time and a variety of responsibilities
- Detail-oriented with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills