North America / United States / CT / Wilton / 1
#: 743999739512614 / 50242460
Have you ever wanted to modernize the brand and bottle design for an iconic beverage? How about discovering the next big new snack product? Have you seen an ad and wondered “how did they decide to talk about the product that way?” At Nielsen’s Innovation Practice (BASES), you’ll use your analytical and consultative skills to help some of the biggest consumer packaged goods companies in the world launch better new products more quickly, effectively, and consistently.
With best-in-class research and predictive analytical tools, the Nielsen BASES team is uniquely positioned to consult with clients and provide insights and intelligence to drive more effective decision making. We are the worldwide leader in analyzing and consulting on new consumer products and we are at the core of our clients’ new product launch strategies. We work with clients at all stages of new product development, from early-stage ideation to optimizing communication and positioning, package design, and predicting and growing in-market sales. At Nielsen, you will work with industry-leading marketers and see your work come to life in stores.
Our Client Development team is responsible for helping our region achieve our revenue targets by building and growing our client relationships. As an Associate Manager on our Client Development team you will:
- Assist senior account owners (at the Director and VP level) in growing the Nielsen BASES business with two large global consumer packaged goods manufacturers to ensure revenue goals are achieved.
- Collaborate on the development and execution of the account strategy
- Build relationships with the existing partners at your clients and work to identify and establish new relationships.
- Design and propose research projects (including project elements, cost and timing) to address client business questions, working closely with Client Service and Analytics/Delivery teams to ensure the most appropriate Nielsen BASES solution
- Work with the Client Service Manager(s) to initiate projects, extract insights and deliver recommendations that meet the client’s needs
A Little About You
You are comfortable looking for ways to grow relationships with clients and passionate about helping them to be successful. You are able to confidently manage client expectations and ensure client satisfaction by providing feedback, insights and updates in a timely manner. You are analytical and curious and like problem solving. Your project management and communication skills are top notch! You are someone who values working on a diverse team and enjoys providing clients with innovative solutions.
- Able to establish and build client relationships and be viewed as a trusted advisor
- Consultative selling capabilities, ability to uncover client needs and frame Nielsen BASES solutions in a compelling light.
- Project management and cross functional team management abilities in order to manage client expectations through the life-cycle of a project
- Strong analytical and communication skills
Background and Technical Skills
- Bachelor's degree required
- ~3-5 years’ experience in market research or consultative selling ideally of complex solutions
- Strong mathematical and analytical aptitude
- Marketing or Research/Consumer Insights background strongly preferred
- Related industries include: Consumer Packaged Goods, Consulting, Consumer Insights, Consumer Analytics