North America / United States / FL / Tampa – Oldsmar /
Technology & Engineering
#: 743999723875024 / 3
ABOUT NIELSEN CONNECT:
Nielsen Connect empowers manufacturers and retailers to make bold decisions and transform their businesses with trusted data, solutions, and insights designed to drive progress. We collect and process billions of pieces of data every single day, transforming this raw information into cutting edge solutions powered by our unified platform – an open data ecosystem, built on Microsoft Azure. Our Connect platform is microservices-based, with all layers highly decoupled and focused, so we can move as quickly as technology evolves, and transform the consumer research industry in ways our clients have never seen before.
ABOUT THIS JOB
As a Cyber Security Network Engineer, this individual will be responsible for building, deploying, and maintaining the technology and processes to support the global Cybersecurity Operations area.
- Responsible for the design, build, configuration and maintenance for all cyber network defense capabilities
- Provide cybersecurity guidance on the implementation and maintenance of network technologies including but not limited to: Firewall, IPS/IDS, NAC, and PKI
- Configure policy and tune network sensors
- Utilize SIEM to create custom content that will provide value to the Cybersecurity incident response team.
- Maximize installation coverage and feature deployment of network cyber defense capabilities and ensure centralized logging to the SIEM
- Collaborate with primary and secondary stakeholders to develop dashboards, reports, alerts, and tools to meet stakeholder requirements.
- Collaborate with technology teams to ensure systems and services are appropriately configured for monitoring, alerting, and reporting.
- Report, investigate when appropriate, and recommend corrective actions for cybersecurity incidents.
- Advise incident responders on actions necessary to investigate and resolve cybersecurity incidents.
- Remain current on cybersecurity technology, vulnerabilities, attacks, and countermeasures.
- Review performance, availability, and capacity metrics of internally and externally hosted services and service components to compare with service agreements.
- Troubleshoot escalated cybersecurity network issues.
- Plan, implement, manage, monitor, and upgrade cybersecurity measures to protect enterprise data, and infrastructure.
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOU
You live and breathe cybersecurity, giving you a detailed understanding of cybersecurity methodologies. You have an analytical mind and attention to detail rivaling Sherlock Holmes. Nothing out of the ordinary escapes you, and you can methodically troubleshoot any cybersecurity challenges. You work effectively with team members and technical stakeholders to facilitate the integration of data from various technologies to deliver understandable, actionable reporting to improve Nielsen’s cybersecurity.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Computer Information Systems or a minimum of 5 years of Cybersecurity experience.
- 5 years of general IT experience with a variety of operating systems including Windows, Linux or UNIX in a functional capacity.
- 3 years of direct experience in a cybersecurity role focused on Security Monitoring and Incident Response.
- Depth understanding of Cybersecurity Operations and Incident Response procedures and toolsets used for internal investigations and audit/compliance reviews.
- Experience with the MITRE ATT&CK Framework and/or Cyber Kill Chain and with cybersecurity requirements for information system design and implementation in support business processes.
- Knowledge of common information security standards, such as: ISO 27001/27002, NIST, CIS, PCI DSS, ITIL, COBIT.
- Basic understanding of the elements of the System Development Life Cycle.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team with minimal supervision.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to communicate technical details in a clear, concise, understandable manner.
- Understanding of Cloud IaaS/PaaS (AWS, GCP & Azure).
- Strong background in layer2 and layer3 technologies.
- Experience with endpoint & network cybersecurity technologies.
- Experience with Log Management, Orchestration, Workflow, and Analytic Modules.
- Understanding of the nuances of Alerts(IOCs) vs Telemetry vs Enrichment.
- Scripting experience (Python, Shell, Bash, Java, Ruby, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, etc.)
- Cloud computing standards and controls.
- Security certification such as SANS/GIAC, CISSP, CEH, or OSCP.
- This position requires minimal travel.
ABOUT NIELSEN We’re in tune with what the world is watching, buying, and everything in between. If you can think of it, we’re measuring it. We sift through the small stuff and piece together big pictures to provide a comprehensive understanding of what’s happening now and what’s coming next for our clients. Today’s data is tomorrow’s marketplace revelation.
We like to be in the middle of the action. That’s why you can find us at work in over 100 countries. From global industry leaders to small businesses, consumer goods to media companies, we work with them all. We’re bringing in data 24/7 and the possibilities are endless. See what’s next with us at Nielsen: careers.nielsen.com
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.