North America / United States / IL / Chicago /
Technology & Engineering
#: 743999722148213 / REF582R
YOU’LL BUILD A SERVICE DELIVERY TEAM THAT EMPOWERS GLOBAL BUSINESSES
We drive forward the overall technology strategy to fuel and sustain continued growth for Nielsen Connect. We are building a robust and flexible organization that empowers people to deliver the right impact by using cutting-edge technologies. Our horizontalization will better address technology demands, empower and motivate employees which promotes teamwork, collaboration, and agility. We are creating hubs around the world to encourage collaboration for innovation and creativity when developing new technologies.
As the Technology Director, you will be part of a global organization with highly skilled technologists who thrive and are passionate about what we do. This leadership role will be responsible for stakeholder engagement, vendor management, IT infrastructure, projects, service operations, service delivery, financials, etc.,
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Responsible for the overall Technology Support strategy and services for all collaboration tools and platform(s) for a global workforce.
- Develops strategies to provide long-term solutions and high impact process improvements.
- Responsible for leading Tech support leads & Support Specialist and driving a team to provide world class Technology Support.
- Work with senior stakeholders such as Senior Technology Leaders, Program, Product, Commercial and Operations leaders.
- Acts as an escalation point for complex cases or stakeholder challenges.
- Works to escalate solution requirements to appropriate teams such as Development or Operations teams.
- Leads complex or particularly challenging Sev1 incident management processes.
- Reduces dependency on core development team for issue resolution
- Lives the Nielsen Operating Principles acting as a role model.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR PEOPLE WHO HAVE:
- Influences, collaborates, and sets clear priorities & expectations for teams and stakeholders.
- Communicates with clarity, and strives to reduce complexity.
- Acts as a strategic leader, proactively identifying opportunities to improve the service of applications.
- Significant experience in technical support or related areas with 3+ years experience in a leadership capacity.
- Can effectively manage teams to consistently resolve incidents in a timely manner, with excellent customer service.
- Effectively communicates, influences, and manages senior/challenging stakeholders, creating clarity, and alignment.
- Develops and articulates clear strategies, priorities and expectations for their team and stakeholders.
- Strong fundamentals and interest in productivity suites (GSuite, Microsoft O365) and other collaboration tools, application support, infrastructure knowledge, and SMTP relay.
- Familiarity in technology areas like cloud platforms (GCP, Azure), automation tools, SSO and authentication, API management, database, monitoring tools, infrastructure services, etc.,
- Sound Tech Support skills, preferably with experience in an agile environment
- Excellent English communication skills, with the ability to effectively interface across cross-functional technology teams and the business