North America / United States / CT / Wilton
Finance & Corporate Development
#: 71461-en_US / 71461
Manager of External/SEC Reporting – 71461
Finance and Corporate Development – USA Wilton, Connecticut
ABOUT THIS JOB:
The Manager of External/SEC Reporting will be responsible for the preparation of all SEC filings, including 10-K/Qs, 8-Ks with financial disclosures, and annual IFRS financial statements. The Manager of External/SEC Reporting will work closely with the various functions in the company (including treasury, tax, FP&A, investor relations) and be exposed to all levels of management within Nielsen’s finance organization.
- Preparation of the quarterly and annual financial reports with the SEC, including drafting financial statements, footnotes and MD&A
- Assist in review and preparation of periodic earnings releases and related materials required (with an understanding of restrictions on the use of non-gaap measures)
- Maintain documentation supporting SOX compliance
- Monitor new accounting pronouncements for potential impact and discourses in 10-Q/10-K
- Liaise with external auditor to ensure timely completion of quarterly reviews and annual audits of SEC filings
- Assist with technical accounting work performed over new and/or complex transactions, new accounting standards, or changes to existing policies
- Review XBRL tagging prepared by 3rd party service provider
- Preparation of annual statutory financial statements in accordance with IFRS
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOU:
A successful candidate will possess change leadership capabilities, a strong detail orientation/work ethic, the ability to solve difficult financial statement related issues, and a strong desire to learn/face new challenges.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting; CPA preferred
- 3-5 years prior experience in industry or public accounting
- Strong understanding of US GAAP and SEC reporting requirements, IFRS experience a plus
- Leadership capabilities, strong work ethic/attention to detail, ability to troubleshoot financial related issues, and strong desire to learn/take on additional responsibilities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Familiarity with Donnelley Financial Solutions ActiveDisclosure is a plus
We’re in tune with what the world is watching, buying, and everything in between. If you can think of it, we’re measuring it. We sift through the small stuff and piece together big pictures to provide a comprehensive understanding of what’s happening now and what’s coming next for our clients. Today’s data is tomorrow’s marketplace revelation.
We like to be in the middle of the action. That’s why you can find us at work in over 100 countries. From global industry leaders to small businesses, consumer goods to media companies, we work with them all. We’re bringing in data 24/7 and the possibilities are endless. See what’s next with us at Nielsen: careers.nielsen.com
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Wilton,Connecticut
Secondary Locations: NY – New York City, , ,