North America / United States / IL / Chicago /
Technology & Engineering
#: 743999727167346 / REF1255O
If you’re a Product Manager interested in Platform as a Service and Technology innovation in the Retail & Manufacturing industry, this is the opportunity for you. You’ll be at the heart of creating scalable platform tools that bring Nielsen’s data to the heart of the decisions our clients make every day.
In this role, you will prioritize, define, and then build the tools to collect raw data from providers onto the Connect platform/lake as well as our web scraping data collection tools. You’ll collaborate with a team of product, technology (app dev and architecture), operations (data acquisition & delivery), data science, and commercial leaders to define product features and generate/maintain detailed requirements to ensure your product meets evolving client and industry needs. These tools will be used globally for Retailer and CPG/FMCG Manufacturers, from the largest companies in the world to small local ones.
You will contribute to building out our next generation Connect platform, which is the center of Nielsen’s technology evolution to enable rapid innovation at scale to solve clients’ needs profitably.
In your role, you would:
- Own the delivery of your product to meet the goals, customer segments and use cases defined by your product
- Develop user stories and requirements based on market and user experience research
- Work with your scrum team(s) under the agile methodology to plan, execute, and deploy features and functions.
- Manage the backlog, prioritization of features, value vs. complexity tradeoffs, and cross-functional dependencies/risks
- Ensures end to end product definition and delivery of solutions
- Form hypotheses and potential solutions quickly that can be vetted out in prototypes or wireframes
- Be responsible for user acceptance testing as a proxy for internal and external clients, as they match your user journey
- Evangelize the product(s) with internal stakeholders and clients as subject matter expert on the product
- Able to articulate the product strategy, technical implementation, and operational process
- Work with internal users, external customers, and usage data to validate the effectiveness and success of your product.
We are looking for people with:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of experience in a Product role, with previous experience in a Technology, Operations, or Data Science role
- Solid ability to present information in the simplest and most compelling way
- Solid communication skills, including the ability to influence key stakeholders and interface with clients
- Experience in using Jira for document software requirements is a plus
- Experience in Platform and or cloud services is a plus
- Experience in data ELT/ETL and/or web scraping is a plus
- Experience in FMCG and/or Retail industry is a plus!
- Good understanding of technical concepts, services, and implementations
- Excited to ideate on new challenges while simultaneously diving into the details
- Ability to form a point of view on the client benefits for your products and services and the value to Nielsen, connecting them to the design principles and articulating them to others
- Thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative, and flexible environment where no two days are the same
- Enjoys working in the gray or unknown – defining the undefined, challenging the status quo, and solving uncharted business challenges
- Passion for using data to inform decisions and to advocate for our users