BuzzMetrics Also Announces New Service to Help Clients Leverage Each Others’ Social Media Learnings
NEW YORK, NY January 26, 2009 – Nielsen Online, a service of The Nielsen Company, today announced its BuzzMetrics service has been recognized as an “industry leader” in the “The Forrester Wave: Listening Platforms, Q1 2009” (January 2009).
In a recent report, Forrester wrote that Nielsen has “a market leading listening platform,” and is one of the vendors who offers the “best balance between technology, insight delivery and strategy.” The criteria under consideration were: Current Offering, Strategy and Market Presence. Nielsen Online earned the highest score in the Current Offering and Strategy categories among all companies.
A complimentary copy of the Wave will be available starting January 26th at www.nielsen-online.com courtesy of Nielsen Online. Seven major vendors were evaluated in the study, which included extensive interviews with actual clients using the services. Twelve distinct categories were evaluated and rated, including data sources, functionality, text analytics, consulting and analysis services, strength of management team, product strategy, and customers.
BuzzMetrics highlights from the report include:
- My BuzzMetrics: “The rewrite of the reporting and user interface extends [Nielsen Online’s] market leadership.”
- Digital Strategic Services: “Many client references commended Nielsen BuzzMetrics for the level of strategic insight it offers.”
- Vertical expertise and insights: “[BuzzMetrics] clients are positive about the strong vertical practices.”
Importantly, the report notes that “the broad shifts in influence, trust, and control of marketing messages from brands to consumers force marketers to do more than just monitor their brands.”
“We are proud that Forrester has recognized Nielsen’s ‘strong analytical and insight capability’ and named us an industry leader among listening platforms. Nielsen understands that the consumer ‘conversation’ has the potential to inform every major marketing decision and strategy. We also know that it provides critical context for other Nielsen data sources, from traditional media to shopper purchase data,” said John Burbank, CEO of Nielsen Online.
BUZZMETRICS IS CONTINUALLY EVOLVING
One of the earliest players in the brand monitoring and CGM/social media analytics space, BuzzMetrics has evolved its platform and service offering significantly in recent years, from the introduction of self-serve analytical tools such as My BuzzMetrics, to a constant focus on improving vertical-expertise, to the introduction of consulting services.
- My BuzzMetrics: This fully customizable dashboard and research tool provides comprehensive data collection for easy analysis and monitors a wide range of CGM sources, including Twitter.
- Digital Strategic Services: The Digital Strategic Services Group, led by Pete Blackshaw, focuses on providing clients with a research-based plan of action that capitalizes on the wealth of consumer information that CGM makes available.
- Vertical expertise and insights: Vertical focus areas include Automotive, Consumer Packaged Goods, Financial Services, Healthcare, Media, Technology & Telecomm, Retail and Travel. In the current economic climate, Nielsen’s vertical-focused analysts are an especially important resource; the value of their insights will yield significant ROI when every dollar counts.
AROUND THE CORNER – NEW SERVICES TO TAKE CONSULTATIVE INSIGHTS AND CLIENT LEARNING TO THE NEXT LEVEL
Next month, Nielsen Online will officially launch a new program entitled S.M.A.R.T. (Social Media & Advocacy Round-Table) to take consultative insights and learning to the next level with Nielsen clients looking to crack the code on broadly leveraging social media within their organizations. Led by Nielsen’s Digital Strategic Services, and bolstered by monthly conference calls, video training and a highly interactive online community, this program will facilitate client-to-client interaction and learning around digital, social media, and “brand advocacy” strategies. In the kick-off round-table, for example, one of Nielsen’s top clients will present key findings and answer questions about its use of Twitter as an extension of customer service.
“Social media has exploded the range of choices and options for acting on listening, and we’re committed to building the industry’s best knowledgebase of success models while helping our pioneering clients learn from each other,” said Pete Blackshaw, executive vice-president of Nielsen Online Digital Strategic Services.
As “a market leading listening platform,” Nielsen Online is committed to continually advancing the listening industry. Its most recent initiative is the co-hosting of the Advertising Research Foundation’s industry conference on “Listening.” This conference brings together hundreds of leading marketers (including P&G, Microsoft, and Levi Strauss) and research experts to collaboratively define and expand the role of listening in the marketing process.
Click here to hear more perspective on new developments in listening and CGM/social media monitoring and consulting at Nielsen Online.