Nielsen Shopper Solutions
Re-invent to win Shoppers in-store
The Research Experts for your Shopper Re-invention
Shopper behavior and the retail landscape have already been changing at a fast pace and the global pandemic “Covid-19” has further impacted how, where, when and why Shoppers shop. The way shoppers are planning their shopping has changed. Auto-pilot mode of shopping has been disrupted leading to huge shifts in category demand as well as channel growth.
It’s more vital than ever to stay close to your Shoppers changing needs, experiences, attitudes and behaviors through the coming months. To target the evolving shoppers you need fast, flexible and agile tools to understand the changing shopper behavior. Nielsen’s comprehensive digital solution set as well as the Syndicated Studies can help you understand how to win with your Shoppers in “The New Normal”.
SHOPPER RESEARCH IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN EVER BEFORE
How to Win Shoppers IN A COVID-19 WORLD
What is Shopper Trends?
Today the shopper landscape is undergoing one of its biggest transformations ever. Identifying and navigating through the shifts in shopper attitudes and behavior is vital for your store, category or brand success. The Nielsen Shopper Trends report which is conducted in 60 + markets globally can help give you vital information to stay ahead of the curve. This is an annual report with 10+ years of trended data available.
- Shopper attitudes toward grocery shopping, planning and deal-seeking at a category level
- Changes in store repertoire, shopping trips, missions, new store adoption, price awareness levels and sensitivity to promotions
THE NEW SHOPPER NORMAL
What is the new normal?
All over the world, our Nielsen data is revealing the extent to which the COVID-19 pandemic has triggered continuously changing consumer and shopper behavior.
“The New Shopper Normal” will provide insight into the channels, store types, categories, brands and packs which are in demand, why and how those needs and behaviors are likely to shift into the future and how this varies across different shopper segments identified through the research. It is conducted in 30+ countries globally with an online survey and video capture which brings you the Shopper voice live with their expressions.
- How are the shopper trips & missions changing?
- How is the channel repertoire changing? Which retailers are getting it right?
- What does the shopping basket look like?
- What factors are playing a role in the shopper decision making?
Want to learn more?
THE LATEST NEXT GEN SMART TOOLS FOR SHOPPER RESEARCH
CLT IMMERISIVE REALITY
How does SmartStore help you predict future shopper behavior?
Category in decline due to confusing fixtures and shoppers making fewer trips across more stores. More important than ever before to convert them when in-store but needed hard facts to convince the retailer to do something different.
Results clearly showed the optimal scenario decreased total shopping time, made it easier for people to shop and encouraged them to trade up. The Retailer agreed to a nationwide roll out. RMS in-market validation (excluding any promotional activity or range changes) is showing double digit growth for the accretive, value-driving segments.
ONLINE VIRTUAL REALITY
How will SmartShelf help you to design your future shelf to win in-store?
To target the evolving shoppers and to design the “POST COVID” shelf, you need a fast and flexible tool to test your aisle, category and shelf scenarios.
With the new Nielsen SmartShelf, you can:
- Quickly and efficiently design your new shelf, test iterative planograms, and maximize your future strategies with retail shoppers.
- Understand the full picture of a shoppers’ decisions (how, what and why behind what they bought), without the hassle and time of physical store testing.
- Test your during and post COVID-19 shelf scenarios to understand how shoppers will approach your categories by answering key questions. Have shoppers changed their decision process and behavior at shelf? What is the most optimal shelf design going forward?
MOBILE AUGMENTED REALITY
How does SmartShopper help you understand current shopper behavior?
Client relaunched ice cream with a premium appearance to strengthen emotional connection with the category. The Label was placed over the new lid obscuring the product due to concerns of ice crystal formation during transit. Key Concerns were whether ice crystals are a barrier to purchase and is a lid change needed.
Results showed that the new pack was easy to find in store, encouraged impulse and supported premium positioning with high appeal. Though Ice crystal formation was not a barrier to purchase the lid needed some changes to facilitate easy opening.