Optimize in-store tactics using tools & tricks based on shopper behavior, shopper segmentation, store clustering & insights.
WHAT IS IT?
Interactive workshop covering presentations, group discussions, exercises, case studies to help you:
- Plug a shopper-centric framework into your existing CatMan processes
- Get insights on Shopper sub-conscious behavior and implications
- Define a consistent trade strategy addressing deep shopper insights
- Develop tactics to win the battle for shoppers
- Apply the latest findings of neurological research into in-store tactics
- Network with people in the category management domain
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Participants must have a basic knowledge of the Category Management Process.
Retailers: Category Managers, Buyers, Merchandising Heads, Shopper Marketing, Space and Range Planners and their teams.
Manufacturers/Suppliers/ Distributors: Marketing Management, Brand Managers, Customer/Trade Marketing Managers, Key Accounts Managers, Category Managers and their teams.
- Comprehensive course materials, case studies and certificate
- Business lunch and refreshments on both days
- €1,200 (1st participant/company)
- €720 (2nd participant/company) 40% discount
- €600 (3rd participant & more/company) 50% discount
For more information, please contact your Nielsen representative.
DAY 1: 09:00 – 18:00
- Introduction – Why Shopper-Centric
Opportunities arising from improved shopper understanding
- Category Management recap
Key principles of Category Management, how do retailers/manufacturers collaborate
- Path to Purchase
Shopper segmentation, Shopper Missions, Channel/Store choice, Store Clustering and implications for tactics
- Defining and structuring a category
How to go beyond quantitative category decision trees
- Defining strategic opportunities and KPIs
What shopper perception and behaviour should we be influencing and which performance criteria to use
How to generate deep motivational insights about shoppers
DAY 2: 09:00 – 18:00
Review Day One
- Product Range
Product assortment, placement, merchandizing, pricing and promotions
Which merchandising and in-store theatre principles to apply to help but also influence shoppers at the point of purchase
How to determine SKU pricing given shopper price awareness and sensitivity
When to promote, which segments to promote, which mechanics to choose to achieved the desired behavior change
- Shopper sub-conscious behavior
How to influence shoppers at the point of purchase without them even noticing
Chryssa Asmatzi – Category Management Consulting Leader for East Europe
Chryssa has more than 20 years of experience in Retail, with expertise in all facets of marketing, branding, communications, business development and E-commerce, 7 of which in Category Management for key retailers in Greece, i.e. Carrefour Marinopoulos, Makro Cash & Carry, etc.
She is specialized in strategic planning and analysis, shopper marketing, customer insights, digital marketing and has a passion for e-business and innovative communications strategy development.
Chryssa delivers a series of training workshops with an integrated perspective that combines manufacturing, retailing and analytics. She leads Nielsen Category Management Consulting for the EE region.