Six Factors Driving Consumers' Quest For Convenience
Hyperconnectivity and busy lifestyles are influencing buying decisions of global consumers. Global consumers want convenience at every stage of shopping and brand engagement with products and services. However, convenience means different things to different consumers, and it’s increasingly important to understand the regional and global trends centered around the need for convenience. There are six key factors driving consumers toward convenience and by understanding them, fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) companies can adapt and enhance their solutions as consumer needs rapidly evolve.
The evolving demand for convenience has given rise to a slew of life-simplifying products such as ready prepared and on-the-go meal solutions, home or office grocery delivery offerings, and tech-driven “on-demand” services. One quarter (25%) of consumers in the Middle East and Africa regions use restaurant or meal delivery services. Grab-and-go meals from quick-service, fast food and street vendors are also on the rise — 32% of consumers in these regions are opting to eat outside on a weekly basis.
Circumstances, culture, location, market maturity and technology are key influences that are driving the need for FMCG companies toward convenience solutions tailored to cater to different segments of society and geographical areas. Since consumers don’t articulate convenience directly, FMCG companies can get insights from consumer activities during their start-to-finish experience with products and solutions. FMCG companies need to adapt ‘convenience’ at the centre of their offering so that they can address consumers with better products and solutions and remain ahead of the curve.
Please click the links below for related content:
- Read our insight article to explore what consumers mean when they seek convenience in their online, retail and home environment
- Download our Quest for Convenience report
- Watch the Quest For Convenience webinar playback
- Click the photo below to download the pdf version of our infographic
HOW CAN NIELSEN HELP?
Contact your local Nielsen representative to discover how we embed convenience thinking in:
- Product range, assortment and category management
- Retail format, loyalty data and e-commerce
- In-store execution and 'Golden Stores'
- Product design and innovation
- Promotional effectiveness and more