What we measure
In today’s world, success is all about understanding and reaching your shoppers. In an increasingly competitive and fragmented retail landscape, mass marketing is no longer the most efficient or cost-effective option.
At Nielsen, we go beyond the basic demographics to help you understand who your most valuable customers are, and where and how to find them.
By identifying shoppers at the most granular level with accuracy and precision, you can examine the lifestyle and lifestage of your consumer to find out where they live, shop and socialize, and what they buy in order to develop focused and efficient marketing strategies.
How we do it
We integrate insights from our consumer panel with sales information, media consumption and attitudinal data, to help you match products to shoppers to stores and maximize your potential, without the gamble.
We can help you profile the shopper segments that represent maximum opportunity for growth and the highest return on marketing investment, so you can identify these groups with the right messages, at the right time, in the right place.
Retailers can use this information to:
- Optimize stores to better-serve their shoppers.
- Find out which categories and brands have the highest demand among shoppers.
- Determine how to group stores based on shopper demographics and preferences.
Brands can benefit from demographic segmentation by:
- Finding their most valuable consumer groups.
- Identify which stores can sell more product volume.
- Recognize the top areas for sampling and the top stores for in-store activities, demonstrations and promotions.