What we measure
In today’s world, success is all about understanding and reaching your consumers. In an increasingly competitive and fragmented consumer and retail landscape, mass marketing is not necessarily the most efficient and cost-effective option.
At Nielsen, we go beyond basic demographic settings to help you understand who your most valuable consumers are, as well as where and how to find them.
HOW WE DO IT
We integrate insights from our consumers, as well as from sales information, media consumption and attitudinal data, to help you match products with shoppers and stores to maximize your potential, without the gamble.
We can profile the shopper segments that represent your maximum opportunity for growth and highest return on marketing investment. Get the right messages to these groups at the right time and place.
Retailers can use this information to:
- Optimize stores to better serve the kinds of shoppers frequenting them.
- Find the categories and brands that have the highest demand among store shoppers.
- Determine how to group stores based on shopper demographics and preferences.
- Figure out what shoppers purchase at other stores across different channels.
Brands can benefit from demographic segmentation by:
- Finding out where they are likely to find their most valuable consumer groups.
- Identifying stores that have the potential to sell more product volume.
- Working out the top areas for sampling.
- Determining the top stores for in-store activities, demonstrations and promotions.
By identifying shoppers with precision, you can examine the lifestyle and life stage of your key consumers to find out where they live, shop and socialize, as well as what they buy today. In turn, this valuable information can help you develop focused and efficient marketing strategies.