For organizations looking to attract and retain top talent in today’s digital workforce, flexibility is a necessity. To help promote our flexible work environment and increase associate participation in our benefits options, Nielsen’s Pacific team is partnering with FlexCareers, a platform that connects talented individuals in Australia and New Zealand with progressive employers.
FlexCareers offers Nielsen unlimited access to its full database of qualified, efficient and experienced candidates and matches them with our opportunities. FlexCareers also provides strategic consulting and training to ensure that we’re continuously building a flexible work environment.
”I’m delighted to collaborate with FlexCareers—an industry thought leader in flexible working across Australia and New Zealand,” says Nicola-Meyer Smith, Nielsen’s Head of Human Resources in the Pacific. “Working with FlexCareers will help us increase participation in flexible working and ultimately create a great employee experience for our people.”
Work flexibility is one of the many initiatives Nielsen offers to promote an inclusive culture. We understand people have different needs during different stages of their lives, and we recognize the importance of work-life balance regardless of our associate’s lifestyles. Some of our options include:
- Guidelines that cover a range of work options for our associates and leaders to consider—as every associate, team and role is unique. Our options include working from home, job sharing, part-time work, a compressed working week or flexible start/finish times;
- Our employee assistance program (EAP): We want to ensure that all of our associates are equipped with the tools and skills to handle the challenges of work and life. Our program provides our associates and their families free access to qualified and experienced counselling support on a wide range of personal and work-related matters;
- A paid parental leave policy that allows our associates to spend time with their family while balancing work and life. In Australia and New Zealand, parents of a newborn or adopted child are entitled to 12 weeks paid parental leave. We also provide two weeks paid leave for the secondary caregiver;
- Other employee benefits in Australia and New Zealand include birthday leave and up to three days of volunteer leave; and
- Internal growth opportunities, as more than 50% of Pacific roles are filled with internal movements within teams.
We are excited to share these flexible work options with the FlexCareers family. For more information about our opportunities, visit our FlexCareers page or our Careers site.